Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #38: Final Early Access update, game to be released by summer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

Indie masterpiece Underrail received its final Early Access update last week, adding the Institute of Tchort to the game world, along with a host of other improvements. The accompanying development blog update on the game's website has the changelog, along with a single new screenshot:

It won't be long now! The game's About page has been quietly amended to note that its final release date is now the "first half of 2015", and the new update says it'll be ready "come summer", so I guess we're looking at a June release.

naossano

Cipher
I hope i would have finished Pillars & WL 2 by then.
The incline releasing rate seems way higher than my playing (and finishing) games rate.

Drowed

Arcane
I'm waiting out for the "megapatch" of W2 to start the game, but I'm also waiting for the full version of Underrail. I've already finished every game in the 'incline' list that I own, I'm currently replaying Divinity, but after that I'm out of options. (Eternity is very expensive here, like, 1/7 of the minimun wage. Can't afford it for now.)

I guess between playing the incomplete version of Underrail and the non-patched Wasteland 2, the choice is obvious. I don't want anything to disturb my first experience with Und. I even regret the first 10 hours I spent in it. I just hope that Stig put in the game some kind of map.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nice :) I haven't touched it yet since I don't play RPGs in Early Access but from what I've heard it's absolutely incredible, this really is an amazing year

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Nice!!! But one little problem, I have underrail early access on steam but nothing has been downloaded last week :(. Bug??
Is it installed? If yes, then an update should have been downloaded automatically. Maybe you missed it? Turn the game on and check if your version is 0.1.14.0, thats the latest one. If it is not and is not downloading, then delete and reinstall the game in steam.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
9bd21f0f80.png

NPCs now use EMP grenades; you've been warned

Shit just got real.

Nael

Arcane
Underrail may be ready to be played through by the time I finish up PoE.

God, it is haeven.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Underrail has graced this entire decade. It's clearly a shoo-in for GOTYAY 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
As the creator of that image, I reckon it's my responsibility to make it more palatable for DarkUnderlord in hopes of increasing its chances of becoming an official smiley:

bb4cb4441f.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Best RPG of the year ever coming through. Styg has managed to out-Josh Josh and appeal to grognards and jouisseurs.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Best RPG of the year ever coming through. Styg has managed to out-Josh Josh and appeal to grognards and jouisseurs.

The secret is to not tell them they're being Joshed. +M

Also, what's up with you? Play the games first.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Also, what's up with you? Play the games first.

The upside of Underrail's long and extensive early access period means that it'll actually be ready when it's officially released. It would be something if it ends up being the first out of the ridiculously long collection of owned, unplayed RPGs I've pre-purchased this past year.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the secret is not doing superficial similarities like poe has done with dnd. It didn't appease or please anyone and just reminds grognards they're not playing something they liked. It's like a rpg system uncanny valley.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well, yes and no. It's pretty close to 4th edition D&D, enough that it's not so much uncanny valley.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The year keeps on delivering in spades. Huge incline this year with PoE and Underrail making way for more incline in 2016 with TToN and Hong Kong.
:yeah::dance::happytrollboy::martini:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom