Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KOTOR2's media updated

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

If you thought that the music and movies in KOTOR2 weren't very high quality, someone somewhere has apparently decided to address that problem. nVidia's <a href=http://www.nzone.com/>nZone</a> is hosting <a href=http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_kotor2_downloads.html>downloads</a> for "media update" patches that improve the quality of the cutscenes and music of the Star Wars RPG. The whole thing comes to some 1300 MB, which kind of explains why they didn't have the high quality stuff in the first place, I think.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Drakron

Arcane
It sould been in the CDs in the first place and even if it does explains the reason why LA never released the patch it does not explain LA "black hole" of information about KotOR 2 patch (they could just say the size was impratical).

Mech

Cipher
Drakron said:
It sould been in the CDs in the first place and even if it does explains the reason why LA never released the patch it does not explain LA "black hole" of information about KotOR 2 patch (they could just say the size was impratical).

You should know by now that companies actually doing the logical thing is impractical. :wink:

truekaiser

Scholar
Sol Invictus said:
They should have released the damn thing on DVD.

i think i'll wait to try the game till they do. if they don't it's not that much of a loss.

Keldryn

Arcane
Every PC game should be released on DVD now, unless it's bargain-priced shovelware.

You have to try really hard to buy a system that doesn't have a DVD-ROM drive. And if one's computer is so old that it doesn't have one, then chances are the CPU and video card can't handle the game anyway.

I don't even know why they even make plain CD-ROM drives anymore. They're only marginally cheaper than DVD-ROM drives, which are in turn only marginally cheaper than DVD-RW drives.

Sol Invictus said:
They should have released the damn thing on DVD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom