Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition announced...for Xbox One?!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

Oh man, this week just keeps on getting weirder and weirder. This was just announced at GDC:

Now, normally we wouldn't report on console-related news on the Codex, but this trailer does confirm that Wasteland 2 will be receiving a host of improvements, including a "quirks & perks" system, a "precision strike" system (which I guess means some kind of aimed shots mechanic), a graphical overhaul (we knew about that already), a sorely needed update for the character models, and new voice acting. And of course all of those things will be coming to PC as well. There's no release date though, just "Coming Soon".

I can't say that I mind the existence of after-market console ports for my PC-exclusive RPGs, but what a weird way to find out about it! I wonder if there will be a PS4 version as well.

randir14

Augur
That's a nice list of enhancements. Glad I haven't started my second playthrough yet.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
people are so sensitive about console ports that I don't blame them for not being too open about the plan. I'm happy for anything that earns these nerds money. and...I still haven't finished the game, because I keep waiting on patches, and they keep patching more shit. guess maybe this will be my go time...but...they'll need to patch these features up, too...agh.

Black

Arcane
Releasing it for The One is like fighting for men's rights to have babies.
But I guess at least it's going to use all of its power.

bonescraper

What if they will make more money on consoles?

av-315686.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
Cool, but I wonder how much money they'll make on consoles. Nice 'enhanced edition' for PC of course.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have no issue with them porting it to that console thingy. The game is/was designed purely for the PC and it clearly shows. If the console crowd gets a port and it puts more money in InXile's coffers to continue making PC-centric RPGs... more power to Fargo. If that PC first and foremost philosophy seems to be changing then I'll go all :x but until I see this as having a negative impact I'm fine. Plus I see this as a sign he made money on w2. Enough to significantly update it with perks, called shots, etc. Things many here have always asked for. Hopefully, this won't be a slippery slope back to the 2000s. Time will tell if this just helps Fargo pad his pockets to create even more cRPGs...

Darkzone

Arcane
Fargo wanted always 'go console', only the cRPG hits prevented this.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
That's a pretty hefty list of improvement. Guess they expect the console version to do really well.

So... does this mean the PC version was just a beta?

Black

Arcane
That's a pretty hefty list of improvement. Guess they expect the console version to do really well.

So... does this mean the PC version was just a beta?
What are you even talking a-
campaign_projecteternity.png

Oh, uh, yeah, just a beta, Fargo sold out to MS.

pippin

Releasing it for The One is like fighting for men's rights to have babies.
But I guess at least it's going to use all of its power.

It shoudln't be *that* hard to implement a tb game in consoles. I won't buy an xbone, though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's going to be hard to think of RPGs that don't come out with an Enhanced Edition six months to a year after release in the future.

D:OS is doing it (and in case you've forgotten, Swen also wants to do a console port for that, which might be the reason for the holdup).

For PoE, the expansion pack will effectively be the "Enhanced Edition".

Last edited:

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yay! Can't wait to play Wasteland 2 with a controller at 30fps and 900p resolution, it will be glorious!:troll:

Seriously though, the new additions will really benefit the game, and a console port after release without afecting the design of the game during development, is a good decision.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Wasteland 2 couldn't grab a single RPG Codex GOTY award so I suspect this is done in pure butthurt. "God damn PC gamers don't appreciate my genius! Fucking PC gamers! I'll turn to consoles! A shitty console at that! A console with like 6 games released on it! Hahahaha! All the GOTY awards are mine!"

Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
Wasteland 2 couldn't grab a single RPG Codex GOTY award so I suspect this is done in pure butthurt. "God damn PC gamers don't appreciate my genius! Fucking PC gamers! I'll turn to consoles! A shitty console at that! A console with like 6 games released on it! Hahahaha! All the GOTY rewards are mine!"
Yes, I'm sure a game developer would base their business decisions entirely on what a largely unknown gaming forum had to say about their game.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Is this new stuff going to be patched in for the PC version, or are the 70000+ fans who made the game possible going to have to buy the game again for an authentic experience?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom