Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Update #12: Name a Monster, Terri Brosius, Twitch LPs, and more

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: OtherSide Entertainment; Underworld Ascendant

Today's Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter update announces the conclusion of last week's backer vote. This week, in lieu of a regular vote, backers are being asked to suggest their own name for one of the game's monsters. I quote:

Time to call this week’s vote, the face off between Lava Bats and Dire Fairies. By a whopping 195 vote margin, Dire Fairies win over Lava Bats!

Clearly some of you are haunted by dark nightmares, or want to be. (Despite the lack of a win, we do reserve the option to include Lava Bats in some more remote areas of the Stygian Abyss if we reach our first stretch goal.)

Rather than doing a straight up vote for the coming week, we’d like you to join in helping us name one of the monsters of the Stygian Abyss.

This massive, semi-translucent ooze feeds by cramming it gelatinous bulk into tight dungeon passageways, absorbing detritus and any creature unwary enough to get in its way. We’ve been using the placeholder name “Tunnel Trapper” for this oddball beast, but we know you can come up with something better! Go to our forums HERE to submit a more suitable name. Then in a week's time we’ll select the one that we feels fits best.
There are also a few miscellaneous announcements related to OtherSide's efforts to publicize the game:

We noticed that there are just 732 likes on the OtherSide Facebook page. If you would go to our Facebook page and like us, it’s an easy way to help spread the word. Let’s see if we can get to 2,000 likes by week’s end! While you’re at it, please follow us on Twitter.

It's been just a half week and Underworld Ascendant has already broke into the top-40 out of over 1,700 games currently on Steam Greenlight. Pretty amazing. If you’ve not already done so, please vote YES. Let’s see if we can get into the top-20 and really make our presence known with the Steam players!​

The most exciting part of the update, however, is the announcement that they've recruited yet another Looking Glass voice acting legend to their cause - Terri "SHODAN" Brosius:

Also, tickled to announce another superbly talented voice actor joining the Underworld Ascendant roster.

Terri Brosius was part of the team at LookingGlass, doing both design and voice acting on the Thief games and System Shock II. She is the voice of Shodan and Delacroix in the System Shock series, and the voice of Viktoria in the Thief series. She has also worked with Ion Storm, Electronic Arts, Tiger Style, and Arkane. Terri has writing credits on the Thief games, Dishonored, Waking Mars, and more. Terri also plays keys for The Vivs, teaches piano to unsuspecting youngsters, likes to crochet, and has an unreasonable fear of hornets. We are thrilled to be working with Terri again!​

Finally, the update also announces an upcoming series of Twitch streams in which the OtherSiders will be playing the Looking Glass classics:

Last, we wanted to give everybody a heads-up that over the coming 3 weeks we’ll be doing a series of sessions on Twitch, which we’re calling OtherSide plays LookingGlass, Folks from OtherSide, along with some very special guests, are going to be playing a selection of classic games we worked on when we were at LookingGlass.

First up is Thief, this Wednesday at 3pm – 6pm EST. Then System Shock 2 on Wednesday the 25th (time TBD). For the finale session on Wednesday March 4th (time TBD), Ultima Underworld naturally.

During each session we will be chatting about the game, sharing behind-the-scenes anecdotes, stories about what went into its development, and more. We will also be giving away some free digital copies of these classic games. Please come join us, and tell your friends to come along too!​

They're doing their best! How about bringing on Terri's husband to help with the soundtrack?

Divinity: Original Sin
Well, i'll back this eventually... probably at the end of campaign. It came in a very bad time for me, and I want a boxed edition anyway.

But stephen russel and terri brosius... that's music to my ears. To complete the sinphony, bring Eric Brosius and Greg LoPiccolo I oughta back this.

Edit:

Backed. It'll only be charged at the end anyways.

Weasel
This massive, semi-translucent ooze feeds by cramming it gelatinous bulk into tight dungeon passageways, absorbing detritus and any creature unwary enough to get in its way. We’ve been using the placeholder name “Tunnel Trapper” for this oddball beast, but we know you can come up with something better!​

Just checked their forums and no nominations for Blobert or Bradylama yet. :decline:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, tickled to announce another superbly talented voice actor joining the Underworld Ascendant roster.

First up is Thief, this Wednesday at 3pm – 6pm EST. Then System Shock 2 on Wednesday the 25th (time TBD). For the finale session on Wednesday March 4th (time TBD), Ultima Underworld naturally.

Being a Thief fan since 1998, I'm all :yeah:

Can I back Underworld Ascension through the codex and get a profile badge?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We're not currently doing a fundraiser, so no.

(And before you ask, we can't do one until they meet their funding goal.)

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

We're not currently doing a fundraiser, so no.

(And before you ask, we can't do one until they meet their funding goal.)
I see. This kinda forces me to weigh funding them now against the prospect of having a badge... ;)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I see. This kinda forces me to weigh funding them now against the prospect of having a badge... ;)

Not really, since you can withdraw your Kickstarter pledge at any time before the end of the campaign.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Not really, since you can withdraw your Kickstarter pledge at any time before the end of the campaign.
So, I can fund them now so they meet the goal, withdraw my pledge at the last moment and then fund it through a codex fundraiser?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

So, I can fund them now so they meet the goal, withdraw my pledge at the last moment and then fund it through a codex fundraiser?

At the last moment, or whenever they meet their funding goal, yes. That's how Kickstarter works. You're not paying anything until the campaign ends successfully, so why shouldn't they let you change your mind during that time?

AwesomeButton

Patron
As you say... I'm trying to wrap my head around it:
eac3b2a7b16fd6fc0fac573551b2cca0.jpg

Edit: backed.

Last edited:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I am in love with Terri Borius since Thief. Dont judge me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom