Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Shadowrun: Hong Kong Codex Fundraiser is Officially Live

Angthoron

Arcane
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Shadowrun: Hong Kong

12231.png

After some unfortunate but necessary delays, it is finally time to officially announce the Codexian Fundraiser for Harebrained Schemes' Studios Shadowrun: Hong Kong! Thanks to HBS, Codex can become a proud supporter of the latest Shadowrun cRPG as well as get the following awesome stuff:

1. A key for Shadowrun: Hong Kong campaign, once available, for anyone that contributes $15 or higher to the fundraiser.
2. 5 Codex-specific Shadowlands BBS entries in-game, with Codex being able to design said entries ourselves (within reason/setting boundaries, of course).
3. A nod to the Codex in the BBS in the upcoming Shadowrun novel.
4. Collectible figurines
(for a Codexian raffle or some such)
5. An official Synth-leather Messenger Bag (again, for a raffle or something similar)
6. Consultation with Jordan Weisman: Our staff (or some lucky, non-demented person) will have a chance to have a 2-hour conversation with Jordan Weisman, either in person in Seattle, or by Skype, on any number of relevant topics like game design, systems like Battletech, Shadowrun and Golem Arcana and so on.
7. Obvious credits entry, if there's a KS backer credit crawl.
8. A sense of smug superiority over other RPG websites that couldn't be arsed arranging fundraisers. Unless we can't collect the money, in which case it's like losing in a pissing contest where the competition never showed up. And ruining those pants.

This is a pretty awesome offer, and all we need is collect $3000+ for the team. For an affluent and active community like the Codex, this should be a pretty easy goal to reach (and top).

Cool Codexian Dollars are accepted HERE.

Luka-boy

Arcane
The key will also unlock that mini-campaign for free later on when it gets made, right?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd assume that they're not interested in handing out a new batch of keys for the mini-campaign, so if they're smart, they'll give out keys for some kind of edition of the game that automatically adds the mini-campaign to your game library when it's released.

If they do have to hand out new keys though, we might or might not have a problem.

Angthoron

Arcane
I'd assume that they're not interested in handing out a new batch of keys for the mini-campaign, so if they're smart, they'll give out keys for some kind of edition of the game that automatically adds the mini-campaign to your game library when it's released.

If they do have to hand out new keys though, we might or might not have a problem.
If it's just a set of keys (like a DLC key for Steam), and they're okay with sending them out, shouldn't be too big a deal.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I make minimum wage, am a severe alcoholic, and get zero welfare from the Kwa. Yet, I will be donating $50 to the cause. Please, for the love of all that is decent, be at least as generous as my poor ass.

:bro:

MapMan

Arcane
Reserved for later use. I'm going to put something witty and edgy here later. Or maybe sell this post. We'll see.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Moved my $15 to codex leaving just a token $1 at the KS.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
1. A key for Shadowrun: Hong Kong campaign, once available, for anyone that contributes $15 or higher to the fundraiser.
Steam, GOG, or both, as was the case with SRR?

Basically, will the Codexians be treated the same as normal backers in that regard?

Angthoron

Arcane
Steam, GOG, or both, as was the case with SRR?

Basically, will the Codexians be treated the same as normal backers in that regard?
My guess is that it'll be same as with SRR. I will check, of course.

$3,000 or $2,500?
3K. I can't edit the fundraiser text, waiting for DU or Bee to do that.

I make minimum wage, am a severe alcoholic, and get zero welfare from the Kwa. Yet, I will be donating $50 to the cause. Please, for the love of all that is decent, be at least as generous as my poor ass.

:salute:
I'll add more once I get my next pay, too.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

:salute: Raised my pledge to just over 50$ because of your inspirational post! :salute:

DramaticPopcorn

why?

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah well, pledged both places. Can never have to many Shadowrun keys as gifts :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom