Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lords of Xulima released on GOG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Lords of Xulima; Numantian Games

A new Lords of Xulima Kickstarter update reports that the game has finally been released on GOG, two months after its debut. Existing Steam owners have the option to switch over. I quote:

Greetings!

Finally, the DRM-free version of Lords of Xulima is available on GOG.com. You can visit the GOG store here. Please share it with your friends!

All the backers that prefer the GOG version over the Steam one, please send us an email to info@numantiangames.com from your Kickstarter email address. We will send you a GOG key in a few days.

Linux Version

We are starting the testing of the Linux version of Lords of Xulima. All that want to participate in the test process, please send us an email to info@numantiangames.com. We will use the Steam platform for the testing. And when finished, we will launch it on Steam and GOG at the same time.

Physical Rewards

Apologies to all the backer because of the long delay of the physical rewards. We have waited to have the GOG DRM-free version to include the same standalone installer in the DVDs. As all backers who purchased the physical editions already have a Steam Key, those backers will get both versions. We expect to start the production next week, and start the shipments in about 10 days. We will inform you with the progress.

And that's all for the moment, see you soon!
Between this and Serpent in the Staglands, it seems like it's become harder to get on GOG than on Steam these days. I wonder what's up with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Between this and Serpent in the Staglands, it seems like it's become harder to get on GOG than on Steam these days. I wonder what's up with that.
That is because GOG is a Polish company (registred in Cyprus, due to tax reasons), and we Polish people are very slow and lazy thorough workers.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just got this on gog for $13
Runs quite bad on my laptop, wish there was a FPS limiter, guess I will have to play it on my gaming pc after all.
Funny how my gog account looks like an indie showcase with FTL, Papers Please, Neo Scavenger, etc.
Super happy to help finance quality indies...screw AAA

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Is it good? Well do you have Aspergers/OCD?

No - it is shit.
Yes - yes it is good.
(it's incredibly grindy, needs large time investment to see any progress/different zones, miniscule character progression each level, shitty food mechanic and +1 damage incremental weapon excitement to be found in shops)

I didn't like it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I liked the review. The rat fetish was a bit weird but the guy likes beer therefore he's automatically cool. He definitely bumped the game up from "never gonna play this" to a pretty high spot on my laundry list. I like the combat a lot, reminds me of Disciples 2 which I'm a huge fan of. And since Eisenwald is nowhere in sight this is the next best thing.

My only question is - do I have to assemble a magic artifact and use it to kill an evil wizard? I do don't I?
Sweet fucking jesus... :negative:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This games writing and main quest is so bad, it is good. Just never take it serious and take breaks when it gets repeative.
A little tip for you, having a bard in group really helps mid-late game.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Is it good? Well do you have Aspergers/OCD?

No - it is shit.
Yes - yes it is good.
(it's incredibly grindy, needs large time investment to see any progress/different zones, miniscule character progression each level, shitty food mechanic and +1 damage incremental weapon excitement to be found in shops)

I didn't like it.

Are we talking Final Fantasy levels of grind or Disgaea? I don't mind a bit of grinding myself :)

torpid

Liturgist
The game is pretty grindy, though it's up to you how much to grind. You don't have to camp zones to kill every enemy group to progress through the game. Hell, I grinded the shit out every area since the game tickled my sperging tendencies and that actually made the late game too easy, even on the veteran difficulty (which I guess is the equivalent of normal). So I think you can skip a lot of the grind as long as you follow rule numero uno: increase the learning skill (increases XP gained) every level, no exceptions, until it's maxed.

I liked the game overall, though it does kinda drag later on. And yeah, the story is suitably cheesy and epic, with lots of bombastic voices and tons of different evil laughs--giggling mushrooms, cackling skulls, tittering bandits, mwahahaing princes, and on and on... Your character is probably meant to be a grizzled veteran, but he just sounds constipated. "I'm, on the verge, of expelling, this turd..." And the most ridiculously-voiced god speaks to you in your dreams.

The game's ending sets up a sequel, so I hope it's successful enough that the developers get to make Xulima II, hopefully with even more retarded voice-acting greater dungeon variety. The repeating dungeon types are the game's biggest weakness IMO, and one of the reasons it feels overly long. 4 princes in 4 castles, 4 witches in 4 cabins, 8 heralds in 8 temples...

Still, so unexpected to get such a huge blobber, puzzles included, in this day and age. I give the developers much props for going balls out like that.

Callisto

Hi all,

We've uploaded a new Windows installer + Patch 1.8.4, a new MAC DMG, and an all-new Linux DEB/tar.gz combo to your accounts which means, yes, the Linux version of lords of Xulima is now available to everyone who purchased the game on our site :)

Version 1.8.4 adds a slew of miscellaneous bugfixes and adds support for the Polish language (subtitles).

Windows:

setup_lords_of_xulima_2.1.0.6.exe (installs version 1.8.2 of the game!)
patch_lords_of_xulima_2.1.1.7.exe ( updates the game to version 1.8.4)

Mac:

lords_of_xulima_2.2.0.10.dmg (version 1.8.4)

Linux:

gog_lords_of_xulima_1.0.0.3.tar.gz (version 1.8.4)
gog_lords_of_xulima_1.0.0.3.deb (version 1.8.4)

The game is on sale for a week for $17.99 ( deluxe edition ) .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom