Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter campaign to launch on January 13th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Shadowrun: Hong Kong

This image showed up on Harebrained Schemes' Twitter feed a few hours ago:

Just three days from now. I hope they have enough awareness built up to pull this thing off. This will be an important test for the long-term viability of Kickstarter RPGs - Kickstarting a sequel to a Kickstarted game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Paying more than $5 for this game is a shame.

There's no save system except for autosaves on map changes
The UI is clearly made for touch screens.
No customizable keybindings. You can't even switch weapons with the mouse wheel. You have to click the up and down buttons on the screen.
Unlimited ammo
Extremely linear
classes and skill points, they're ultimately meaningless

Should I go on?

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm honestly not sure if screwing up their first KS makes them more (because now they have experience) or less qualified.

Good thing I never donate to them.

APGunner

Augur
I look forward to seeing what the devs choose to show us at the beginning of the new kickstarter.
:takemymoney: most likely.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great news. I fully expect to see HBS build upon Dragonfall's success and deliver new features as well as a great campaign. You don't often see such strides made in such a short amount of time (Dragonfall improved pretty much every aspect of the core game), which fills me with confidence.

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how this kickstarter will fare.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

No customizable keybindings. You can't even switch weapons with the mouse wheel. You have to click the up and down buttons on the screen.
Unlimited ammo
Extremely linear

Should I go on?

You never played Dragonfall, did you?

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Their last Kickstarter ended on the 29th, always thought that was pretty silly. Definitely a good move launching this one in the middle of the month.:) Considering most people get paid early in the month.

SwiftCrack

Arcane

Unlimited ammo
Extremely linear

Should I go on?

This kid clearly spams Kappa and FrankerZ on Twitch.tv

Durante

Learned
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm ready. If they are doing it and depending on what they ask for it, I might even go for a physical tier.

If they keep up the trajectory from DMS to Dragonfall then this campaign should be awesome, but I'd also settle for "just" Dragonfall quality.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They sure are coming across as desperate with all these announcements of announcements.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom