Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News BitComposer files for insolvency

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: BitComposer

bitcomposer.jpg

BitComposer, the beloved publisher of games such as the Jagged Alliance revival series and Expedition: Conquistador has reached a perilous financial situation and according to this Google Translated article, has filed for insolvency.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Serves the cunts right.
Never forget CC.

By the way, in these kinds of cases, what happens when somebody buys Expeditions Conquistador? What happens to BC's share?

Explorerbc

Arcane
Their reputation never recovered after a well-known online community referred to them as shitComposer in an interview. RIP

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Serves the cunts right.
Never forget CC.

By the way, in these kinds of cases, what happens when somebody buys Expeditions Conquistador? What happens to BC's share?

I thought that's what the insolvency is for. If there are still people who get money from bitcomposer, they have a claim to the revenue.

Unwanted

Sycophantic Noob

Andhaira
Andhaira
Interesting. This means the publishing rights to Chaos Chronicles will revert to someone else, maybe Foreplay itself if they can purchase them. I wouldn't be surprised if Obsidian, IneXile or heck maybe even Beamdog purchases those rights and publish the game as it was meant to be. O

HobGoblin42 Infinitron Any ideas?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
HAHAHA
the gypsie was right, the curse actually worked
-diabolic laughter-

But every gypsy curse has a downside.

Something you love will also be destroyed.

December 23rd.

*shakes a fist at Whisky*

You asshole. I was 6 hours on the Autobahn yesterday December 23rd, there was all kinds of traffic and and I was very, very tired after a week of hard work. All the time I had to think of your curse.

Nothing happened.

We both need to be more careful next time. Curses are very, very serious stuff you know.

Executr

Cipher
Here's more details about this insolvency:

German publisher bitComposer Entertainment puts out the call for investors, saying they are insolvent, though they are currently continuing to operate under Schutzschirmverfahren, a method of helping shield companies from debt as they restructure. Word is: "The board of bitComposer Entertainment AG want to restructure the company in the current insolvency proceeding and develop a settlement plan to end the insolvency quickly. In particular, they are looking for a strategic investor in order to finance promising new games. The company is supported by Dr. Jörg Eschmann, partner at BearingPoint." Here's an outline of how this situation came to be:
The crisis was largely caused by financial difficulties of its suppliers in game development. bitComposer was not able to complete certain promising projects for new games. Financial targets were missed. On September 26th the company filed for a protective shield procedure (ESUG procedure) at the local court of Frankfurt. Under the protective shield further steps with important creditors and market partners such as developers and publishers were prepared and additional games titles were successfully published. Acting on the recommendation of the provisional creditors’ committee, the board filed for the transition to regular insolvency proceedings.

“bitComposer is in need for new capital to continue developing new titles for the gaming market. This situation offers opportunities for project financers who wish to fund individual titles and for investors who would like become shareholder. The company maintains long-term relationships to outstanding development studios and offers interesting licences and game brands. The existing potential at this creative games publisher bitComposer offers an interesting strategic option for investors such as media companies and developers of board games,” explained Dr. Jörg Eschmann of BearingPoint.

Source: http://www.bluesnews.com/s/157487/bitcomposer-insolvent

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's a sad news :( Expeditions: Conquistador is one of my favourite games, I was looking forward to an eventual sequel or a similar game. Hopefully they recover.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Cant wait for EA to buy JA license and creates JA 3 FPS, God knows it worked so well with Syndicate.

Severian Silk

JA Crush Saga

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom