Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lords of Xulima Early Access Update: New Regions Unlocked

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Lords of Xulima; Numantian Games

Numantian Games' oldschool turn-based RPG Lords of Xulima, of which we did a lengthy preview not so long ago, has received a major Early Access update on Steam. The update introduces new regions to the game with around 30 hours of additional gameplay, as well as new high level skills for Mages and Clerics.

We are very happy to announce that we have unlocked a new portion of the game with about 30 hours of gameplay. Now the game is playable up to 80% of the full content. Everything but the Titans chapter is now playable. The two chapters, "The Divine Artifacts" and "The Impious Princes" can be completed now.

11754.jpg

We recommend you to start exploring the Northwest part of Vilak, entering from Sorrentia, and then continue your adventure in Rasmura. The new content is more open and non linear than ever; you have to choose carefully where to go and what to explore and which enemies to fight. Don't try to clean a whole region, instead travel and explore the different regions. You can explore a part of the Ancient Ruins of Devonia, then travel to Tailkendil island in Varas Talak, then return to the Tower of Rage, explore the West of Vilak... More than ever, your destiny is in your hands.

By the way, the entire region of Nagira is now unlocked, although you will have to find a way to reach the Ovengel's castle without ending with your bones burned to the ground.

New High Level skills for Mages and Clerics

Originally we estimated that players would finish the game with a 40-45 level party, so because of that there are no new skills beyond level 40. But we know that some players are collecting until the last experience point they can, so some heroic parties can reach new epics levels of 50-55 or even more. To reward those awesome players, we have created some new high level skills for levels 45 and 50 that will make you feel as if you were a Demigod.

Most people never will see those skills, but they are there. Surely people that plays the Hard-Core mode will find these skills helpful. And we will implement more new skills for the rest of the classes.​

Read the update in full on Kickstarter.

Mathieu has also told me that "development [on Lords of Xulima] will be speeding up quite a bit this month". Read the full planned schedule here.

Finally, Lords of Xulima is now available in the Humble Store, where you can buy it at 20% off until Monday.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will again say how beautiful that map is. :greatjob: If they can capture that sense of wonder and exploration in the actual game-play then they will have a winner on their hands.

Last edited:

lurker3000

Arcane
I always like it when a game I forgot I backed has a news post and I check out their KS page. Its like a present 2AM drunk me from last year got present day me.

Suicidal

Arcane
And I still haven't finished all of the 'old' zones. €15 well-spent :happytrollboy:

belated

Augur
I see that I haven't played it since the end august actually. Didn't want to play too much before release.

Is the summoner in now?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yes, it is. Sadly, you don't control the summons directly, so I'm not sure how efficient it will be. But they are great to tank, as the summoner can easily heal and even recover their mana.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
As soon as next month? Wow. I've barely sampled Wasteland 2, my Divinity: Original Sin game has been on hold for a while, and I haven't even tried those two Quest for Glory clones or that Elminage Gothic thing. Looks like I've gotten too used to throwing RPGs on my backlog. I'm not sure I've ever felt overwhelmed by new games like this.

jdinatale

Cipher
It makes me sad that this probably won't be a huge success just due to how niche it is within an already niche genre. But this game was made with pure love for role-playing. These guys really poured their hearts into this project.

Zeriel

Arcane
Unlike a lot of these projects, the aesthetics are really cool too. I wish more developers in this niche would explore 2D as an option, or even quasi 2D.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
RPGWatch Preview by Aries

Conclusions
I had a lot of fun playing this game, as I found it strikes a near perfect balance between exploration, combat, and a sense of freedom. The graphics might not be the prettiest out there, but you will be so engaged in the story and exploration you will see that the graphics are not the game's main selling point. The game's story, exploration, and turn-based combat fill that role very nicely.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New update... 99% of the game is now playable:

Update #32

Oct 16 2014

New Content Unlocked: The Search for the Titans

447677abfe98ec35d8cf85fc41223863_large.jpg

The Titans Chapter
Greetings!

The four colossal Titans known as the Sons of the Elemental Xulnari, have their lair in the most remote places of Xulima. Finding them is just impossible for the mortals, unless you can count on some divine help... For those lucky players that find them, enjoy interacting with those powerful Demigods that have not met a mortal ever.

Now all the world is accessible for the player, including the Glacier of Geldra, the Desolation Desert of Pernitia and the Lake of Fire in Vilak. Also, the four temples of the Elementals Xulnari can be played now. In some of them, you will find new monsters as "The Nightmare" which is one of the most powerful enemies you will find.

Game already Finished?
We have unlocked about 15-20 hours more of gameplay. Indeed, 99.9% of the full game is now playable. Everything except the very end, that includes the Final Boss and the awesome End Cinematic that lasts 8 minutes, at which only a dozen lucky people have had the chance to watch it. We will reserve the climax of this epic story for the official release of Lords of Xulima in November. While you can speculate about the end, what will happen with Xulima and the rest of the world?...

The New Ironman difficulty mode
Many fans of LoX have requested this new difficulty mode. The Ironman mode has the same rules as the Hardcore mode, but you can only save the game when you are safe in the towns. So yes, this mode can be a real nightmare, such a challenge that perhaps nobody can ever finish it. For those heroics players we have created a new special achievement and the final score is now re-scaled as the Ironman mode grants a score, 300% more than in normal mode. We have added new monsters for the final rank, which now has 100 different positions.

Which will be yours?

• Normal Mode: Ranks from 1-50.
  • Old-School Veteran: Ranks from 50-70.
  • Hardcore: Ranks from 70-90
  • Ironman Mode: Up to rank ~100.
New Feature: Write your own notes on the Maps!
Another feature requested by the fans is writing their own notes on the maps. Finally, it has been implemented. It was a little hard to add, but we love that feature too. Also, these custom notes can be consulted directly in the Journal with the rest of auto-notes that the game records for you. Hope you enjoy it!

Next Update: The next update will have finally the Talisman of Golot we promised in Kickstarter, the French translation and perhaps the German one too. See you soon!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Write your own notes on maps" = really good feature for this kind of game.

cutterjohn

Cipher
"Write your own notes on maps" = really good feature for this kind of game.
well, automapping AND notes are pretty much expected nowadays... back in the days of shit graphics half the fun for me was mapping out dungeons and crap, but now... nuhuh, no automap/notes no play...

...this is on my wishlist, so maybe I'll buy it, but I've got a fuckton backlog of games to play... waiting on my megabox WL2 before I start it for real(poked it a bit on steam, but I want my physical goodies to fondle... or maybe I should leave it sealed up and hawk it on ebay for $1B in 20y...)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom