Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BEDLAM!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Bedlam; Kickstarter; Skyshine Games; The Banner Saga

BEDLAM. Got a nice ring to it, doesn't? Well, it also looks rather spiffy. Sci-Fi roguelike with tactical combat and a postapocalyptic setting that has you racing across the wasteland in a massive Dozer. Them using the Banner Saga engine and specifically naming FTL, Banner Saga and the venerable X-com as influences really does peek my interest. And I do love that comic style. Check out the BEDLAM kickstarter.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Looks really good, but apparently it lacks exploration and I'm not sure that Banner Saga's open field battles will work with guns. Just look at those combat screens, they beg for some terrain, cover, walls, etc...

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It seems like the exploration will be much like FTL's. Zones that you move through towards a final objective. With each zone having a random big encounter you work towards and having multiple locations you move through as well. Combat will depend on the strength, reach and usage for firearms. No idea as of yet on how they plan on implementing it. The whole FTL/roguelike aspect appeals to me, together with setting and art so I pledged.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
so a banner saga tfl hybrid? sounds like it could be fun and interesting.

Zeriel

Arcane
4a3029420a4b9_58616n.jpg

5135-Bedlam2AbsoluteBedlam.jpg

Nigga pls, you can't just name your shit whatever you want.

Well, I mean, I guess you can. So, uh. There's that.

TeknoBM

Dark Souls Fan
I is confused ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261490/

Bedlam
A fast paced FPS with an engrossing storyline written by cult Scottish author Christopher Brookmyre. You play Heather Quinn aka “Athena” trapped in a world of video games, desperate to find a way back home. Will you make it? Or will you be trapped here forever? Here's where you find out..

Shevek

Arcane
It looks great. You guys should raise some cash for a custom Dice sigil and maybe some Codexian npcs.

DramaticPopcorn

Where is the kickstarter tag :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom