Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Total War: Attila announced

No. Rome 2 is entirely constructed from shit. It's a layer cake of shit with an extra side helping of shit. Even the most basic elements are shit. The unit cards for example. It takes a special kind of stupid to design unit cards where the status icons all overlay one another so that only one status is visible at a time. That alone makes me want to punch the screen, and it's only one single aspect of one single area of the game. If a wino staggered in off the street, pissed on my keyboard, smeared my monitor with his own excrement, and smashed his empty bottle of buckfast over my head in righteous indignation that I actually wasted money on this hideous abortion of a game, it would still be a better experience than actually playing the game.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Well, damn. I've been a fan of Total War for a long time and while I heard Rome 2 was pretty disappointing I hoped they'd have patched it up by now. Guess not.

Zeriel

Arcane
Well, damn. I've been a fan of Total War for a long time and while I heard Rome 2 was pretty disappointing I hoped they'd have patched it up by now. Guess not.

No amount of patching can fix it. Rome 2 is actually really remarkable in another way: even the greatest mods can't salvage anything worth playing out of it. It truly is a singular creation whose sheer mediocrity will be remembered for years to come. It's the Sim City 5 of its genre.

Shannow

Waster of Time
That's because it's vastly less moddable than the last good CA games. (No, Shogun2 is not good, just weirdly overrated on the codex.)

Also: That trailer was pure shit. As if Attila would compliment Rome in front of his warriors. You always demonize your enemy. Rule one of war.

Lu Bu

Barely Literate
After Rome 2 I am a bit skeptical with any more total wars games, and this is after me dumping nearly a thousand hours in Shogun (Which already had it's shares of bugs)

Anything that can make that feeling go away?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
After Rome 2 I am a bit skeptical with any more total wars games, and this is after me dumping nearly a thousand hours in Shogun (Which already had it's shares of bugs)

Anything that can make that feeling go away?
A bit he says :lol:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Total War is the Madden of strategy games. I expect this to be shit and they'll get away with it, again.

oscar

Arcane
Shogun 2 was a very solid title so I still have some faith in CA (though I never tried the much loathed Rome 2).

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I like princess.

medieval22010-04-1722-34-35-14.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I came this close to just saying to hell with it and buying Rome 2 IE on steam, but then I checked the DLC and realized I'd be paying like an extra 80 fucking dollars for some skins and shitty mini-campaigns that modders could shit out in a few weeks in the old days.

Modders still shit them out, CA's "let's make the game less accissible to modders" policy doesn't work at all because the one thing modders are still able to do it... the same kind of stuff CA sells as DLC, unit packs!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom