Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Europa Universalis IV: Art of War Dev Diary 5

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Developer Diary; Europa Universalis IV; Europa Universalis IV: Art of War; Paradox Interactive

europauniversalisiv_artofwar_packshot.png

Europa Universalis IV: Art of War has a new developer diary. This one focuses on new diplomacy options, a revamping of the Catholic Papal Influence system, and on some of the changes they're doing in Indochina.

Catholic Church
We’ve removed the subgame of investing papal influence to gain cardinals. It wasn’t interesting, and though automating the spending of influence to dominate the curia made things easier, it did nothing to address the underlying problems with the system.

Cardinals are no longer just a person. They are a title permanently tied to one Catholic province. The game will generate new cardinals until there are 49, so you could have a cardinal in Paris or Vienna. These cardinals give benefits to whomever controls their province, as long as that province is still Catholic. If there are less than 49 cardinals, such as at the beginning of the game or when they start converting to new religions, a new one will be spawned each year, with rich European provinces being most likely to be chosen.

There is still papal influence, and this is generated by the number of cardinals in your territory, so there is some randomness you will have to deal with. Your relation with the Papacy also has an effect, as do events and other game decisions. You can store up to 100 papal influence points.

The Curia controller is now determined when a new Pope is elected and the controller will remain in charge until the Pope dies. At any point during the game, you can spend papal influence in an effort to strengthen your chance of a friendly candidate winning the next election. If France spends 70 total papal influence, Poland 40, and Spain 30, then France has 50% chance of winning the next Papal election and controlling the Curia.

You can now also spend your papal influence on other actions in the Papacy View. For example, you can spend papal influence to increase your monarch’s legitimacy (a handy blessing from the Pope for rulers with tenuous claims), or to persuade the Pope to send you money.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Their expansion output is too fast.
Modders can barely keep up, and I won't play vanilla after having discovered VeF. MEIOU & Taxes is also great but crashes constantly since the last expansion. VeF seems far more stable. I only get crashes when loading sometimes.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Modders can barely keep up, and I won't play vanilla after having discovered VeF. MEIOU & Taxes is also great but crashes constantly since the last expansion. VeF seems far more stable. I only get crashes when loading sometimes.

They have to milk it for all its worth, this is Paradox usual modus operandi, release half finished product, then release massive amounts of paid DLC to fix it.

Unwanted

They have to milk it for all its worth, this is Paradox usual modus operandi, release half finished product, then release massive amounts of paid DLC to fix it.

Step 3 : Never actually fix it

Luzur

Good Sir
Well, mod when they are done with DLC's then.

I for one welcome more interesting DLC's (<-----i download them free from piratebay anyway WEEEOOOO)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom