Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 257: Feargus Urquhart on KOTOR2, NWN2 and Fallout: New Vegas

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dwarfs; Fallout: New Vegas; Feargus Urquhart; Matt Barton; Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

The fourth and final part of Matt Barton's interview with Feargus Urquhart is about Obsidian. After retelling the story of the infamous Knights of the Old Republic II development time fiasco, Feargus shares some information about the cancelled Seven Dwarves, and explains why he once rejected the offer to develop a Star Trek RPG. The interesting part begins when he moves on to discussing Neverwinter Nights 2, where he seems a bit eager to express his disappointments despite not really being prompted to do so by Matt. And when Matt asks about Fallout: New Vegas, Feargus chooses instead to deliver what appears to be an apologia for Bethesda's Fallout 3 and the Gamebryo engine.

This part of the interview wasn't as content-packed as the previous one, but it sure had some weird turns. It feels like Feargus knew exactly what sort of people were likely to watch this and he wanted to make a few things clear. He's definitely one of the best guests Matt has had, in terms of sheer amount of information provided.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Feargus (...) explains why he once rejected the offer to develop a Star Trek RPG.
And for some dubious reasons too. Never forgive!

:mob:

Jokes aside, I am disappointed, because it could have been a game as relevant for Star Trek as KoTORs are for Star Wars. And now, after the dreadful reboot films, all we can expect (apart from the MMO) is dumb cover shooters.

Eddard Stark

Educated
Had good laugh at 13:40. For a moment I was pleasantly surprised that *Josh would want to put titties in*.

At first I was like :salute: but then realized it was actually *deities*.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Jokes aside, I am disappointed, because it could have been a game as relevant for Star Trek as KoTORs are for Star Wars. And now, after the dreadful reboot films, all we can expect (apart from the MMO) is dumb cover shooters.
Kotors were released when Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were new. Obsidian's Star Trek RPG would have been released after Enterprise was canceled for being a failure.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kotors were released when Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were new. Obsidian's Star Trek RPG would have been released after Enterprise was canceled for being a failure.
So? This does not invalidate anything I wrote.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm saying Star Trek was already irrelevant. :)

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
If you talk to me long enough about my games I will tell you how they all suck.

Probably the best mentality to have as opposed to being off in a bubble somewhere and thinking your games are the hottest shit around.

Zeriel

Arcane
Creators should generally dislike their work more than people who consume it, yeah. I'm always intensely suspicious of artists who are really into their own stuff--it's highly conceited, to say the least. Most authors I've met, as an example, can barely stand their own work.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Oh, please. He was being jokey there. He lvoes his games. He brags about his games. Do you REALLY believe he thinks his games suck? COME ON.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom