Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Buy your very own 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0 (now with pictures of actual USB)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0 2014; RPG Codex

Every once in a while, we ask for money from people because we can! This time, we thought we'd offer something more in return than just potato for ad-free time. This time...

Behold the 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0!

Image is final representation, with colours shown. His arm holes are cut-out as are his feet, but the soft plastic bends more easily than it will break (at least going by the sample I've received).

Product Colour: Fully Customised Moulded Designs
Features: Moulded soft PVC in multiple colours and shapes, USB 3.0 flash drive.
Write and Read Speed is up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 Flash Drives.
OS support: Windows XP, VISTA, 7, MAC OSX.
Grade A memory, 10 Year warranty on data retention, 1 year replacement warranty on faulty manufacture.
Certification: CE, FCC, USB3.0, RoHS
Delivery: 2-4 weeks (indent) from art approval​​

We've started a campaign here. Simply donate $30 USD and you will receive in the mail your very own 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0 flash drive. Please note price includes postage to anywhere in the world.

All donations will also receive 2 potato per dollar. So $30 = 60 potato, which means you can add another +3 months ad-free time to your account, as well as gaining a USB drive. The minimum order is 100 units, so we need to raise $1,500 (which includes PayPal fees) to make it worthwhile - which I've given us a month to do.

If we do fail to raise the full amount and have to cancel the campaign, everyone who donated will receive additional potato as compensation. However, there seems to be enough interest already.

We've met the minimum to make this worthwhile. Production is expected by end of October, meaning they'll be mailed out the first few weeks of November.

Everyone who donates will be contacted by the e-mail they donated with for their shipping address.

Depending on your country's postal service, you should expect to get your USB drive before Christmas. We'll also consider doing future stuff like this as well. Perhaps other designs as well as different types of items.

You will receive 1x USB drive for each multiple of $30 donated (So $60 gets you 2x and so on). If you donate anything less than $30, u r dum.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
If you donate anything less than $30, u r dum.

SCZYm8O.png

Off to a good start

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
That's PayPal fees, which the system automatically takes out of the total - but which I factored in when I calculated the final price. It's why the target is $1,400 USD and not $1,500.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
For a minute when I saw 16 GB, I thought you were selling raffle tickets for a Kodex Aprooved Compooter, so we can play kickstarterunity games!

jdinatale

Cipher
Do people not realize that you can also activate ad-free mode with firefox?

Weasel
I think most people realise that. But I think many choose to either donate (and so receive ad-free status) or leave the ads turned-on as a contribution to the hosting costs.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Codex ads are freaking overkill. Floating shit, side ads, ads in posts etc. I find them extremely intrusive and annoying. Its a massive pain in the ass to browse the forums when not logged in.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I've ordered mine. I will be glorious, and I will use it in school along with my Bad Dragon pens. PayPal didn't ask for my address or anything, though, as far as I noticed. Will the matter of shipping come later?

Also, apparently using potato for a custom avatar is planned but eternally under construction. Can I get a custom avatar anyway for having donated?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do you not realize that maybe we like the codex and don't want DU to say fuck this because it costs him thousands of dollars per year to run?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
PayPal didn't ask for my address or anything, though, as far as I noticed. Will the matter of shipping come later?
Yeah, if I enforce address here, it would enforce address for every donation which I don't want. I'll PM / get in touch with those who donated once we get the drives and get your shipping details then.

Also, apparently using potato for a custom avatar is planned but eternally under construction. Can I get a custom avatar anyway for having donated?
Yes. Just as soon as we construct additional pylons.

Do you not realize that maybe we like the codex and don't want DU to say fuck this because it costs him thousands of dollars per year to run?
I still get to say fuck this though.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I am disappointed that it wasn't designed so the cap was the bottom instead of head. The bottom would have a skirt on one side and a raging boner on the other, because trannydex.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
gaiz which red should the troll be?

pms red.png

1805 looks pretty good. :rpgcodex:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1797 or 1795 also do not seem to be bad.
Can you order a mix of these? Like, 1/3 in that color, 1/3 in that color,...

There is no real way to be sure before it is actually printed.

Koschey

Arcane
I'd say either 1797 or 1805. 1795 is a bit too light. Personally, I'm tending towards 1797.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
1797 it is!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom