Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #77: Dragonfall Director's Cut gets an official trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Mike McCain; Shadowrun Returns; Shadowrun: Dragonfall

In a new Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter update, game director Mike McCain presents the official trailer for the Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut.

Hi guys! Mike here again. I’m excited to share with you our official trailer for Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut*. Check it out!

In addition to the new trailer, we’ve also released a full feature list for the game on our brand new “coming soon” page in the Steam store. If you have friends that haven’t experienced Dragonfall - or even Shadowrun - before, give them a heads up!

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut at PAX Prime

And one more thing: Dragonfall will be at PAX Prime in Seattle this weekend! Harebrained Schemes will be on the 2nd floor of the Convention Center, Room 209. We’re sharing the space with Green Ronin Games, and we’ll have both Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut and Golem Arcana available to play. Myself and other members of the dev team will be there Friday through Sunday - come by to check out the games or just to say hi!

I hope you enjoyed last week’s dev diary with Andrew about all the new missions and content we’ve added to the Director’s Cut. Check back this Thursday to hear more about the new music with composer Jon Everist - who may even give you a sneak peek at one or two of the new tracks.

The update also comes with wallpapers of the Dragonfall companions, though poor Blitz is missing.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
that screen of sub-9 review scores put me in a state of laugh-cough fit. I don't know why it's funny, those are pretty decent score. but, you know, kinda used to IGN 10/10 standards. it's like, "I finished school. here's my card. it's all Cs."

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
only 5 new missions? meh, definitely not replaying it now.
and the pc gamer blurb at the beginning is pretty damn retarded.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Considering that they are going to add more guns, abilities, cyberware, change the armor system, rework the UI AND add 5 new missions when Dragonfall had nine and it is for free... well I can't say it isn't a good amount of content.

Name

Cipher
I assume this belongs to the kind of director's cut that you have to buy again for new contents a.k.a. double dipping?
Like Deux Ex 3? And hollywood DVDs?

Tytus

Arcane
Question for people who played both DMS and Dragonfall. Does the plot from DMS has any connection to Dragonfall? Can I for example play with the same character I created for DMS in Dragonfall?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Question for people who played both DMS and Dragonfall. Does the plot from DMS has any connection to Dragonfall? Can I for example play with the same character I created for DMS in Dragonfall?

No.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I hope you enjoyed last week’s dev diary with Andrew about all the new missions and content we’ve added to the Director’s Cut.

0c5aa2bd88.png

e22b68292f.png

987f087017.png

dc759a8983.png

5169a8d55a.png

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
CuvGYjZ.jpg

Glory is quite beautiful in this artwork. Definitely a welcome change from the old fiery glare which made her look an awful lot like Trash's favourite ferocious "Europe belongs to us" SD-youth chick.

New missions will be nice, five is actually a lot since the original had so few to begin with, and additional endings were definitely needed (if they amount to more than a single text screen). With the upgraded combat, this version should be good for some guilty fun.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
I really, really like the graphics in shadowrun returns. Best of all Kickstarter RPGS. Didnt enjoy the rest much though ( DMS - didnt play dragonfall yet ) although in retrospect combat wasnt THAT bad ( not as dull as Wasteland 2 combat for example ... ) and i think the promised combat and AI updates coupled with new weapons/cyberware/spells etc. could make it even more enjoyable.

definitly willing to give this directors cut a new try. especially since my time with the WL2 beta ended with a really big "meh", so its not like there s competition during the release window.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I hope they make the combat more difficult. It was pretty easy to faceroll after your first playthrough, and figuring out that most enemies only had 2 AP or whatever. Still, one of the best RPGs of the last 10 years, imo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The truth is that ALL of the Dragonfall NPC companions are fundamentally weak. HBS resisted the temptation to make them "kickass" characters who dominate in combat. They exist to support you and need to be used as a team.

Glory's weaknesses are simply more apparent because she wades into melee and gets hurt, while the others get to hang back. But none of them ever really get to inflict crazy amounts of damage.

(She can still slice a motherfucker up if you take care to buff her and use her speed ability, and commit to several action points worth of attacks.)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I mostly used a pistol once I saw that her melee attacks weren't all that hot compared to pistol shots damage-wise.

Eiger was a fine sniper at appropriate ranges. Double-damage sniper rifle crits ftw.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
God I'm such a fag.
:d1p:

Can't help it guys, sorry.
And Glory was great in close combat when buffed properly. She and Eiger complimented each other quite well at times too.
I was always just aggravated you couldn't add to inventory, upgrade weapons and armor and cybernetics for the characters, or at least help them along, you know?
Now, new weapons, armor, cybernetics, bioware, missions, make this a damn fine game.
Will be a good one I think.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
(She can still slice a motherfucker up if you take care to buff her and use her speed ability, and commit to several action points worth of attacks.)

I kept forgetting she has melee, and yeah, buff her up and she slices shit up like crazy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh, I should have posted the feature list from the game's Steam page:

New in the Director’s Cut

Standalone:
Due to popular demand, Dragonfall is now a completely standalone title!

Five All-New Missions: The Director’s Cut features five all-new original missions, including three related directly to the personal stories of your team members. These missions take you to previously-unseen locales - both within the Flux State and beyond - where you’ll have to face challenging enemies and make tough choices in order to help your team members prevail.

Revamped Combat System: The Dragonfall combat system has received a major overhaul. An all-new armor system adds another tactical layer to the experience, while refined cover and damage mechanics emphasize the importance of battlefield positioning. Complementing these improvements is an upgraded AI system which reacts more intelligently and accurately to your actions.

Redesigned Interface: The Dragonfall in-game interface has also been rebuilt. Spells, items and abilities are now much easier to access, while improved combat feedback allows you to fully understand the tactical situation in any given encounter.

Customize Your Team: Guide your team members as they progress in each of their unique roles, choosing between different focus options to grant them new items and abilities. In addition, if you don’t like a team member’s default spell, item or weapon loadout, you can now customize what they bring on each mission.

Ten New Pieces of Original Music: Fan-favorite composer Jon Everist brings ten new tracks of moody cyberpunk music to the Dragonfall experience, including compositions based on the stories of individual members of your team.

The Complete Dragonfall Soundtrack: As a free bonus, the Director’s Cut includes the entire soundtracks from both Dragonfall AND our previous title, Shadowrun Returns. This also includes the brand new tracks exclusive to the Director’s Cut. Featuring music from the composers of the classic Shadowrun SEGA and SNES games, this exciting cyberpunk soundtrack pays homage to the past with a modern sentiment.

And Much More:
  • Steam Achievements!
  • Steam Trading Cards - collect your favorite Dragonfall characters
  • All-new alternate endings to the main campaign
  • Enhanced visual effects including splatter and dismemberment, improved animations, and optional post-processing effects
  • New bioware augmentations provide an extra edge on the battlefield… if you’ve got the nuyen
  • A variety of new items, cyberware & spells
  • Additional player customization options
  • Expanded character development for several side characters
  • Writing and design tweaks and polish throughout!

Morkar Left

CuvGYjZ.jpg

Glory is quite beautiful in this artwork. Definitely a welcome change from the old fiery glare which made her look an awful lot like Trash's favourite ferocious "Europe belongs to us" SD-youth chick.

I liked the original artwork better. She really looked emotionally damaged in it like it should. This artwork is nice in itself but it's very generic and doesn't really fit with her emotionless and cold appearance in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom