Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne announced

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

sser

Arcane
Developer
New start date is 769 AD. I have to wonder if they'll go back to 570 at some point...

Mortmal

Arcane
Would be nice if they could finally include an embark all button too. EU4 get auto upgrade ships in art of war dlc , and its alreayd way less micro than CK2.

mondblut

Arcane
New start date is 769 AD. I have to wonder if they'll go back to 570 at some point...

Muhammed-Westergaard.jpg

Out of question.

oscar

Arcane
Ironically Creative Assembly did a much better job of representing hordes and tribes in Barbarian Invasion than Paradox has ever been able to.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Skip.
Wonder what's in the free update though.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They FINALLY include seasons, which I was surprised it wasn't there from the beginning and winter assaults were as effective as spring or summer ones, but... I have a bad feeling about how AI will manage it :M

RK47

Patron
They FINALLY include seasons, which I was surprised it wasn't there from the beginning and winter assaults were as effective as spring or summer ones, but... I have a bad feeling about how AI will manage it :M

is that free version included?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

is that free version included?
I' be very surprised if it wasn't... after all they included the new stuff in patches up until now, why would they stop doing it?

Konjad

Patron
You don't get India only after buying the DLC, you get it for free, you can conquer it, you just can't play as it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really hate Paradox's current business model and am done buying games from them for the time being. I did enjoy CK2 when I played it in 2012, but now it seems like I only played some incomplete Early Access version of it, which is not what I signed up for.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Make Justinian instead.

The game system is already a bloated, barely playable mess. Such an expansion would require a amount of gameplay changes and adaptations beyond whatever the CK2 engine could represent - Charles was ruling a congerie that pretty much broke in pieces in 60 years due to foreign invasions and hellish internal politics, and that can be represented in CK2. Badly, maybe. Good old Justinian still ruled a "Roman" empire, with all the administrative perks and nightmares.

I don't know. Should they leave the option for concubines for the Karlings?

I am probably one of the few souls that find the DLC quite annoying, and the base game good enough. I played a pirated "free" version of the baseline CK2 years ago, and it was somehow "balanced". Yes, it lacked a lot of historical minutiae and the model was simplicistic, but as a game it was fun. Years later, bought in a random sale with some expansions. It's interesting that due to retarded random events, troops and mechanics the mighty Barony of Musestre can easily defeat the entire HRE single handedly. Balance!

Does someone even playtest the damned things anymore?

mondblut

Arcane
Such an expansion would require a amount of gameplay changes and adaptations beyond whatever the CK2 engine could represent

Everytime PDX announces a DLC, there is outrage from crybabies whining that "engine can't represent". Cut the ridiculous bullshit. They have sourcecode, and they can represent whatever they fucking wish with it, including dragon flight racing minigame. Your only concern could be whether your 15 years old PC could still run it, and frankly, the rest of humanity doesn't give a shit.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Everytime PDX announces a DLC, there is outrage from crybabies whining that "engine can't represent". Cut the ridiculous bullshit. They have sourcecode, and they can represent whatever they fucking wish with it, including dragon flight racing minigame. Your only concern could be whether your 15 years old PC could still run it, and frankly, the rest of humanity doesn't give a shit.

Oh! The humanity! :)...let's waste a post for you, darling. If they can represent "whatever they fucking wish with it"....

Does Legacy of Rome give us a good representation of the ERE politics?

Let us see, how good is Rajah of India in applying butchered European pseudo-Feudalism to India?

Are the Jews nothing but a "get 300 gold button" in Sons of Abraham?

Can you get an alliance with someone not of your religion? (by the Gods, you can do that even in Medieval: Total War!)

Of course they can do "whatever they fucking wish with it", if they had time, resources and the will to do it.

But maybe I'm wrong at getting my point in:

To simulate the Late Antiquity in a satisfying manner, in my Very Humble Opinion, they would have to get in a lot of mechanics, and a complete overhaul of the noble/family system. Of course, they could simply apply the pseudo-feudal mode to all civilizations or cultures like they have done. And give also tanks to everyone, and unlock Space Projects special events. But this is all theoretical: I doubt they will lose time doing a Late Antiquity expansion.

Charles of the Franks, that can be done with the current mechanics. I simply feel that CK2 has become bloated, and less fun in consequence.

RK47

Patron
He doesn't give a slightest fuck about make-believe "i-am-ERE-so-i-will-only-do-ERE-like-things" bullshit, because there is only his PC and him, and neither of them cares.

mondblut

Arcane

Oh! The humanity! :)

*shrug* When RoI was announced, the PDX forum was hysterical with "bawww, the engine [read: my ancient PC] can't handle this many provinces, cease and desist at once!" crap. Incredilous, really. This is the first time in my lifetime where a game's fanbase is actively opposed to getting more content for a game they supposedly like.

Does Legacy of Rome give us a good representation of the ERE politics?

Dunno, never played ERE.

Let us see, how good is Rajah of India in applying butchered European pseudo-Feudalism to India?

Dunno, never played India.

Are the Jews nothing but a "get 300 gold button" in Sons of Abraham?

...guess what? :smug:

Can you get an alliance with someone not of your religion? (by the Gods, you can do that even in Medieval: Total War!)

Sadly, no. Alliancing in CK2 sucks massive cock to begin with. Pray don't tell me that's because engine can't support it, lol.

Of course they can do "whatever they fucking wish with it", if they had time, resources and the will to do it.

If developers themselves are incapable of designing and implementing something right, that's hardly the fault of their engine. Curiously, they were capable of delivering the original game, so they mustn't be all that incompetent though, must they?

To simulate the Late Antiquity in a satisfying manner, in my Very Humble Opinion, they would have to get in a lot of mechanics, and a complete overhaul of the noble/family system.

True. And their engine can perfectly handle it. It can handle Vicky2, HoI3 and that recently announced RPG, for fuck's sake.

Of course, they could simply apply the pseudo-feudal mode to all civilizations or cultures like they have done.

Also true. Don't mind it either as long as I get me more stuff to paint my color.

But this is all theoretical: I doubt they will lose time doing a Late Antiquity expansion.

That much is undisputable.

Charles of the Franks, that can be done with the current mechanics. I simply feel that CK2 has become bloated, and less fun in consequence.

Moar = better, as far as I am concerned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom