Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might and Magic Heroes VII announcement trailer

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Can you rape a dead corpse so many times without it falling apart? They can't bother to make a proper trailer

Either way, this is the end. The trailer is the harbinger of decline. Cheap images in motion. Ugly images at that, looks like they're showing off the unit meshes.

Only 4 factions, guess the rest will be paid for. Cheesy corny plot and lore as well from the looks of it. ''durkness'' ''wur never changes''.

Poor show Ubisoft.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
After lurking a bit more I'm tempted to take it back. Hopefully trailers are made by Ubisoft while Limbic develops the game. So far some of the pictures and info found around point out to more incline compared to Heroes 6.

Still not sure if :incline: or :decline:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought the art style of the models in the trailer was actually pretty cool, but since there's no actual gameplay it's hard to predict what the game will end up being like. It's going to be difficult to make a shittier game than HoMM 6 was, though, so I suppose the only way is up? :P

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
I hope you can zoom out more, cause if these pictures show the max height of the camera then it is to zoomed in.

Zeriel

Arcane
Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/sHF8R

Someone on RPGWatch pointed to these.

I just hope it is not as bug ridden as VI (I could never complete the campaign due to a ridiculous UI bug) or as ridiculously hard to finish as the expansion.

Are those legit? If so, they're clearly trying to invoke Homm V over Homm VI, pasting the interface on top, and can't really blame them, people like V a lot more.

Homm V gameplay with Homm VI artstyle would have a chance at being a legit great game, as much as edginess would suggest otherwise.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
One of the biggest issues I have with the new heroes games is the long ass combat which makes playing it in multiplayer a test in patience. Sure it adds depth, but if you properly utilize gating, rage and other town specialties, even the first week will take up the whole evening. And that's on top of the retarded AI turn loading times.

I doubt the next game will be any different.

Luzur

Good Sir
Last Heroes game for me was II and expansion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom