Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #33: Version 0.1.12.0 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

The Underrail Early Access received an update today. As promised in the previous devlog post, the update adds the underground metropolis of Core City to the game. The latest entry to the devlog has the details:

Hey guys, the new version is up. We're all very happy to have finally released this. It's the centerpiece of the game, our Athkatla/Sigil/Neverwinter. The main story still has places to go and we still plan on introducing more factions and sideplots, but expect the future updates to be a lot more focused and a lot less spacious.

We showed you bunch of screenshots already, so for this occassion we decided to make a short teaser trailer instead.

As before, we're releasing it to Steam first until we're sure it's stable and any potential major bugs that we missed during internal testing are fixed.

And because no dev log would be complete without a bullet list, here's an incomplete list of minor tweaks and stuff that were done since the last dev log:
  • Tweaks
    • EMP mine blueprint component requirements changed to be the same to that of the EMP grenade
    • Increased the amount of bear traps crafted when not applying poison to 10
    • Increased the amount of caltrops crafted when not applying poison to 10
    • Reduced the cost of metal plates and, by extension, some items that are crafted from them
    • Added an option to turn off automatic door opening
    • Removed the cooldown of Burst attack (don't know why it was there in the first place)
  • Bugs
    • Hopefully finally fixed the bug(s) that caused the factions to get all messed up after the Junkyard showdown event
    • Merchants will no longer roam while in bartering mode
    • Game will no longer crash when saving while mining
    • Chemical pistols have weight now
    • Action point counter fixed to work with extreme amounts of action points
    • Adrenaline shot will now always properly grant 20 bonus AP
    • Execute will no longer deal extra damage even if the target is not stunned/incapacitated
Enjoy the update folks, report bugs and let us know how you liked it. Cheers.​

Awesome.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Stop with this alpha releases and release the full game already so I can play

:flamesaw:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Whoa, I literally just sent Bee a message about this.

p.s. Core City is goddamn great so far and overwhelming in its size and scope! I played for over an hour last night and barely scratched the surface.

Repressed Homosexual

Seriously. "Here is version 0.13.4783.48989.348899 Build 5789394.899 ver. 3 with a new area, a new color scheme for monsters, and 5 bug fixes!" so much time being spent making updates that interest virtually no one could be spent on making a final product without declaring how awesome the new 489384.4889 pre-alpha build is 300 times in a row.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
With these true indie game like this, STASIS, and Lords of Xulima (not to even mention the big boy KS games) coming out I'm going to be hard pressed to find time to play them all... but man, is that not a great problem to have after a decade of drought? :martini:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
How is the writing (dialogue) coming along? Not trying to be rude, but it was quite poor last time I played. Everything else though, couldn't be better :)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Seriously. "Here is version 0.13.4783.48989.348899 Build 5789394.899 ver. 3 with a new area, a new color scheme for monsters, and 5 bug fixes!" so much time being spent making updates that interest virtually no one could be spent on making a final product without declaring how awesome the new 489384.4889 pre-alpha build is 300 times in a row.

Fuck off.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

53389692.jpg

Severian Silk

Yeah, all those numbers and shit make him sound like he's quoting from the bible.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
I mean, you don't even have to reload a character ffs. You're really going to cry about a great game making great pace and sharing each subsequent area once it's done so that you can essentially play the game in installments if you care to?

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I still haven't sprung for Underrail on Steam, and for this I am ashamed of myself. But I think narrative RPGs are something I can't get into until they're in their final-ish state. Sounds like that's still a ways off?

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can't wait to play this and Age of Decadence. Both are games I treated basically as kickstarter projects : bought now but won't play until it's properly released.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Early Access is sorta the poor man's Kickstarter. I think KS only takes, what, 5% or something? Where Steam takes "undisclosed, but way more than that." But a Kickstarter takes a huge amount of effort, where EA is--well, I assume it's comparatively easier? Certainly if you're a member of a rabid community like the Codex. I greenlight thumbsupped the shit out of Underrail.

But I know what you're saying. Throwing as-yet-incomplete devs a bone earlier rather than later can give them the rent to finish their shit, even if you're not interested in the alpha/beta. Same concept, different provider.

Drowed

Arcane
Codex now bitches because someone really *do* things with his game, with new content and bugfixes in each patch.

And then also bitches when someone don't do anything with his vapourare.

Codex really never changes.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
How is the writing (dialogue) coming along? Not trying to be rude, but it was quite poor last time I played. Everything else though, couldn't be better :)

When was the last time you played? Ever since Styg upped the team to three people the dialogue has gotten gradually better and better. It's definitely at a point now where I feel both the story and dialogue are memorable, fun and distinct which only deepens the already fantastic atmosphere of the overall game. There have even been a few quests/areas/encounters whose dialogue I'd put up there with some favorites in the genre. They just need a bit of polish in some areas in regards to grammar and typos (which is not the biggest deal since I personally feel the somewhat 'blandness' of the alpha has been solved).

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

When was the last time you played? Ever since Styg upped the team to three people the dialogue has gotten gradually better and better. It's definitely at a point now where I feel both the story and dialogue are memorable, fun and distinct which only deepens the already fantastic atmosphere of the overall game. There have even been a few quests/areas/encounters whose dialogue I'd put up there with some favorites in the genre. They just need a bit of polish in some areas in regards to grammar and typos (which is not the biggest deal since I personally feel the somewhat 'blandness' of the alpha has been solved).
That's good to know. The last time I played was about 4 months ago.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Pfff, there are still people who aren't ignoring HHR ? :smug:

Anyway,

There's only one thing to be said done, really.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Makagulfazel

Educated
Ever since Styg upped the team to three people the dialogue has gotten gradually better and better.

Not so much C&C, but a bunch of intimidation/persuasion checks(usually you can only use one or the other, not either). I just now got to the part of the game(after ~20 hours) where you choose a faction to join in the main hub, so we'll see how that goes. Nonetheless, the writing is definitely better than most games.

Learning "AdvanTalk":
0CF5CCB0B01B39744B67483529B35FEF5E6D38E9

Getting high on the drug "Motion" for the third or fourth time(Fallout 2 reference in one of the other drug-induced adventures):
424A6E13F8A9D0EB6E776BAF698E2236E3FBE264

There's a bunch of other goofy stuff I didn't take a screenshot of 'cause I'm lazy, missed it and/or didn't want to spoil it, but the game's gotten a few chuckles from me. There's a bunch of fleshed out - but otherwise useless - NPCs like a "trader" you can sympathize with that walks around complaining that no one else will buy his loot. The world really opens up after you complete a certain main quest, but doesn't seem to block you out from previous quests. Best EA experience so far.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom