Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #60: Early Access update, Mac release, and more

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

This week, we have another Friday Early Access update and Kickstarter update for Divinity: Original Sin. This one enables Mac support, and some other stuff. I quote:

We're hard at work finishing and polishing Divinity: Original Sin for full release but obviously haven't forgotten about our Early Access community and you our Kickstarter backers. It's been fun seeing what you've been getting up to via global chat, and you've helped us make a lot of fixes and improvements along the way. As ever, thank you for your enthusiastic support and invaluable feedback!

Today we have many interrelated and exciting updates that should significantly improve your Divinity: Original Sin experience. Check out the video below, or keep on reading to get the full scoop:

Polish is the name of the game, and D:OS is creeping ever-closer to being ready for launch.

We've implemented lots of updates this time around, including totally revamped enemy encounters, art and animation improvements, dialog changes, improved skills and spells, inventory-sorting, and much more. Download the update, check it out, and (let us know what you think!)

The full change list is still being typed up at the time of this writing, but here's a short summary for you:
  • Mac & PC players can now play together.
  • New 'Laptop Optimized' mode will keep your game running smoothly, whether you're travelling by air, sky, or sea.Touchpad control support is also added.
  • Steam Cloud saves are active, so you can continue playing your savegames from several devices.
  • The AI now adapts its tactics to players and the environment, and it can also make use of potions and special arrows.
  • The treasure generation has been completely revamped.
  • Pouches allow you to easily organize items in your inventory.
  • The skill & spell abilities have been revised to better support classless character builds.
  • Skills and spells can now be “unlearned" and also have requirements.
  • 10 extra talents have been added. Talents now also have requirements.
  • New skill effects have been added. Go on, summon a spider!
  • Several quality-of-life improvements including inventory sorting, context-sensitive item menus, a dialog log, action-point usage previews, the ability to use objects from another character’s inventory and more.
  • Numerous bug fixes and balancing changes.

The update also announces that the Divinity: Original Sin Collector's Edition box is currently in production. Only 1500 will be produced for non-backers, so if you're one of those collector types and you didn't pledge to the KS, make sure to reserve your copy at the Larian Vault. Also, our Belgian readers might be interested to know that Larian are looking for local beta testers to participate in a "day of testing". Do we have any Belgians left that we haven't sent to Larian already?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like the contents of Collector's Edition. All the more since I'm getting one from Kickstarter. :-P

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
sqwyiyU.png

UN-CENSORED. :troll:

Likely it's WIP, will change, I think.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
In closing
We still need to fulfill some of the Kickstarter rewards and we wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten. This week for instance the RPGWatch & RPGCodex quest was finalised and we'll soon have news for the people who have rewards like design your henchmen.

Hmm, wonder how strange that quest willl be.... ;)

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I like the game and I played every iteration on steam. However, I am still waiting for at least bearable talents as now they are the one of biggest disappointments in the written history of man. How hard is it to change most of them to something similar or better: do more damage with with weapon group X, knock down with weapon group X, double strike chance with weapon group X, make target bleed on CS, have a chance to ignore the effect from spell group X, chance to increase negative status duration for spell group X and etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom