Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance: Flashback on Steam Early Access

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I didn't expect the Movie Trailer Guy to be on this one.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Did not expect that price-tag. Hopefully it actually has more content and gameplay than I expected, too.

Eyeball

Arcane
Was about to dismiss this as yet more rape of the corpse of a titan, but it appears that Shanga of Bears Pit fame endorses it. That actually seems very promising. Still not going to buy a halfmade game for 40 lolbucks.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Was about to dismiss this as yet more rape of the corpse of a titan, but it appears that Shanga of Bears Pit fame endorses it. That actually seems very promising. Still not going to buy a halfmade game for 40 lolbucks.
Don't give in just yet

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yes, we are indeed asking for a lot of money. And that’s just for the Early Access. We’d love to ask for less, but we cannot. Jagged Alliance: Flashback was kickstarted on Kickstarter. And we have our principles: We won’t fool those who backed us, who supported us. The price for access to the Beta was as high as the amount of money we are asking for here on Early Access. Anyways: Due to the history of the game we have to ask for that price. And we will never betray those who believed in us right from the very beginning.

Early access price is same as kickstarter one for beta access so there's that.

Will keep an eye on this, hoping for a game worthy of D1P. Meanwhile, JA2 1.13 is better than ever.

Eyeball

Arcane
Yes, we are indeed asking for a lot of money. And that’s just for the Early Access. We’d love to ask for less, but we cannot. Jagged Alliance: Flashback was kickstarted on Kickstarter. And we have our principles: We won’t fool those who backed us, who supported us. The price for access to the Beta was as high as the amount of money we are asking for here on Early Access. Anyways: Due to the history of the game we have to ask for that price. And we will never betray those who believed in us right from the very beginning.
HahahahahahahaFUCKYOU!

Shannow

Waster of Time
Always love kids who bitch about having to pay a lot for the "honor" of beta-testing a game instead of a little. In my time beta-testers were paid (not much but anyway) for their services.

Anyway, the trailer was really so stupidly cheesy, it was great fun.

Eyeball

Arcane
So, are they going to copypaste the JA2 mercs onto this one? I can't really imagine a smalltime studio writing and voicing the huge number of mercs JA2 had all over again and do 1/10th as good a job as Sirtech did.

Shadow Company did a pretty good attempt at merc personality writing and voicing, although the mercs in that game were a bit more "realistic" and thus often veered towards the callous or downright creepy.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So, are they going to copypaste the JA2 mercs onto this one?

RPS: You’ve probably been asked this many times before – and I think I might even have asked you this before myself – but do you have any of the original voice actors? I imagine they’re scattered far and wide.

Lund: We don’t have any of the original ones. We investigated where they are and, unfortunately (for us), a lot of them are now voice actors in Hollywood, which makes them very expensive to hire!

RPS: I thought you were going to say, ‘one of them runs a shrimping boat, one of them is a barista in Portland’.

Lund: No, they’re real voice actors now! It’s crazy

Eyeball

Arcane
So, all new cast of characters? I hope so. I don't think I'd be able to stand having Magic be voiced by somebody else since his voice is the coolest in the game (incidentally also voiced Saxx from Wiz8 and several characters in Deus Ex: HR.)

Eyeball

Arcane
Pleased to see Sirteccian hammy voice acting lives on in modern cinematic masterpieces.

Explorerbc

Arcane
There are already a few SJW threads in the steam forums regarding both the banner and store page images. Not sure if trolling or not

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom