Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Paradox releases a small video about their company history

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So now i can put faces to the fuckers who shit on the community with their buggy/unbalanced releases, and then milk them with countless DLC's.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ROI was terribly launched and didn't offer much upon release either.
Otherwise I don't feel Paradox has done much wrong.
TBH it's just a matter of polishing their gameplay, but I'm getting the impression they just want to move on and consider ROI 'finished' when it's not really well done.

Sons of Abraham promised a lot, but ended up with mostly about levy changes and a cheat DLC where you lose 10 Temple vassal opinions for 300 gold.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So far, I liked all of their games (well, those that I played). I just never made the mistake to buy on release day.
And I don't care about worthless DLCs if I'm not forced to buy them.

If there are people caring enough about something like extra skins for their Great Britain nation to pay 3$ for it, why not milk them with something that is that easy to produce?
Result: Those people are happy, the devs are happy and everyone else is free to not give a fuck.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom