Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence March Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

The Early Access version of The Age of Decadence received an update today, and with it, an official update on the Iron Tower forums. It's a major update, with no less than five new locations in the game. I'll quote the descriptions of three of them:

Welcome to update #4. It’s a ‘major’ update for us (and a big chunk of content, bringing the number of available locations to 15 out of 22) and we’d like to introduce it properly to make sure that the players won’t miss the new locations (which is easy to do since the game is non-linear). Without further ado:

The Library of Saross

Available only if you talked to Abukar the Mad and learned about his trip to the Library. It’s an important location because:
  • You finally get to use that sphere you found at the beginning of the game (IF you found it)
  • You learn more information, provided you can get into the hidden chamber and translate the message
  • You can unlock an optional and very creepy (but extremely rewarding) ending. Naturally, you don’t get that ending right away, but you unlock the path that can lead you to it. If you have the balls.
  • Unlock the Arch and Inferiae locations.
The Arch

There are two ways to unlock it: the above-mention Library or faithful service to Lord Meru. Since the latter isn’t available yet, look for the clues at the library. So, what makes this location special and why should you care?
  • You should. You really, really should. It’s that place where you wave Kansas good-bye.
  • You will finally be able to use both the eye and the glove. How exciting.
  • You will meet your old pal Esbenus. Unless you killed him, in which case you’ll miss out on a beautiful relationship.
  • You will make new friends. Powerful friends. From the other side.
  • You can unlock Inferiae in case you failed to do so at the Library.
The Monastery

You can unlock this location by becoming a repeat customer of the healer (heavy wounds only). Impressed by your badassery (or at least your ability to survive the most grievous of injuries), the healer will ask you to fetch an ancient elixir that will improve your self-esteem and cellular regeneration, whatever that is.

Points of interest:
  • Raiders
  • Ancient mysteries and sacred liquids
  • Chambers deep inside a mountain
  • Huge doors that can’t be opened by mortal hands
  • Moral choices (must have morals in the first place to qualify), otherwise just join the raiders and have yourself a lovely day, full of plundering and pillaging.
The next month’s update will add another location - Caer-Tor, the Imperial Guards’ headquarters, which will introduce Dux Paullus and unlock the path to yet another ending where the Guards becomes Templars – the guardians of the temple.

The remaining 6 end-game locations will be released when the game is out. We’re aiming to start the final beta test in June and expect it to run for 2-3 months. We’ll continue to update and improve the Early Access build on a monthly basis, adding more content (characters, dialogues, items, etc) and general improvements.​

The update also has some screenshots of the new areas, which all look pretty awesome. A few of them are rather scifi-ish.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm absolutely pumped for this update, sounds extremely exciting. Can't wait to give it a try as soon as I have some time to do so.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is it time for the feared poorly written LP already? Is it?!

hivemind

I don't think that LPs really work for a game like AoD, I mean no amount of dialogue screenshots and ludicrous jokes is going to make justice to the feeling of frustration from getting raped over and over again. Also for me, and I believe for many others , one of the most fun things about AoD is minmaxing your builds, that too doesn't really translate well into the LP format.

The update looks great, I finally have plans for a saturday night.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Some screens for your amusement:
(...)

Some of these are simply stunning.
A while ago, I promised myself to put off playing AoD until the game has actually been released in a relatively finished state, but it's becoming more and more difficult to adhere to such a principle with every update released.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The greatest RPG of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, now has another exciting update! Thank God it's Friday!

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Some screens for your amusement:
Wow, you guys keep outdoing yourselves. Awesome trailer material.

I'm pretty sure you could do wonders :D

Can I push people out of the bridge?

I tried doing it with triggers and making the tiles passable, but the AI seeing it passable committed suicide. We would need some deeper programming and time to make it possible, but we have other priorities for now.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Almost. Another 10 years and we're done.
so, what are your plans after aod?
uNCYxWz.png

Monty

Arcane
Think I'm too accustomed to the Codex to take those AOD threads on steam seriously, I keep assuming everyone is trolling only to later discover they are apparently being serious. How VD manages the patience to deal with some of these is beyond me:

Tard: are there dragons in it? if not, can you consider adding them? also in expansions?
VD: I have nothing against dragons but they don't fit the setting.

Tard: would you consider adding full flight capabilites for player and enemies in it? and transforming into other creatures (dragons, chtonianas etc)?
VD: Doesn't fit the setting.

Tard: how much can we customize our in-game avatar? I don't expect stuff detailed ala Oblivion-Skyrim-Neverwinter nights 2, but something like diablo 3 is somewhat unacceptable.. Diablo 3 was a huge disappointment.
VD: Indeed. However, avatar customization isn't high on our list of priorities. You can select skin tone, hair type and color, beards/accessories.

Tard: does the engine support continuos-cast spells? such as diablo III's disintegration ray, or Skyrim's concentration spells?
VD: There are no spells in the game.

Tard: will you consider adding capes and cloaks with physics? so that they move accordingly to actions and avoid clipping?
VD: I'm not sure it's possible to begin with.

:lol::lol:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/558752451179629000/

Black

Arcane
Uh, about the sweet, sweet steam achievements- it's best when they don't spoiler stuff, even if it's a tiny spoiler. Like the Godslayer cheevo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom