Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Mythology: Extended - HD Remake announced

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Age of Mythology: Extended; Skybox Labs

Skybox Labs, the creators of Age of Empires II HD, have revealed that they're making Age of Mythology: Extended, an HD re-release of Age of Mythology.

The game will be exclusive to Steam and will be released May 8th. Its full price is $30, but if you pre-order now, you get 20% off.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Damn that theme :bounce:

Never did get around to trying AoE2 HD, was it any good?

Even if this does turn out to be a useless re-release, watching that trailer has at least put another round of AoM on my to-play list.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Never did get around to trying AoE2 HD, was it any good?

Do not buy it under any circumstances. It's shit. The new expansion is a joke it's an unfinished, unpolished mod priced at 10$.

The Vanilla HD in itself is absolutely awful. Little graphics improvement, even some shittier graphics when they decided to replace stuff like the old flames for no reasons. But now 2000% lower framerate. It becomes unplayable in multiplayer after only 20 minutes, due to everyone's framerate dropping below 15. They managed to make a 2001 game stutter on modern computer, having probably added a few unnecessary modern engine gimmicks that will tax your hardware heavily.

I will not buy this piece of shit they dare to call Age of Mythology HD. Even the trailer is fucking laughable.

-Comes Now with unnoticeable lightings and Shadows. Your FPS were too high? Now we give them a reason to drop below 20.
CLOUD SHADOWS.

-NEW WATER.

- Gamerang...er MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!

NEW ASSORTED CIRCLEJERK NEEDS :

-ACHIEVEMENTS

-STEAM TRADING CARDS. OMG ITS TOTALLY HAPPENING.

-TWITCH STREAMING

-SLIGHTLY IMPROVED OBSERVER MODE.

set

Cipher
Yeah, I dunno how they made the AoE2 HD port have framerate issues, you do realize a 200~ MHZ processor can run that game? With 200+ units on screen? With 800 MHZ you can have 2000v2000+ enemy fights without lag.

Steelworker

Literate
I will not buy this piece of shit they dare to call Age of Mythology HD. Even the trailer is fucking laughable.

-Comes Now with unnoticeable lightings and Shadows. Your FPS were too high? Now we give them a reason to drop below 20.
CLOUD SHADOWS.

-NEW WATER.

-ACHIEVEMENTS

-TWITCH STREAMING

So, your only complaints are that the graphics are different (not even terribly specific about that) and about bullshit meta game shit?

How about the gameplay? Anything to complain about the >actual< meat of the game?

80Maxwell08

Arcane

CLOUD SHADOWS.

-NEW WATER.

-ACHIEVEMENTS

-TWITCH STREAMING

So, your only complaints are that the graphics are different (not even terribly specific about that) and about bullshit meta game shit?

How about the gameplay? Anything to complain about the >actual< meat of the game?
If people were buying it for the gameplay they could buy the originals that still work fine. Also I just looked on amazon and you can buy AoM and it's expansion for less than $10 before shipping.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Tread carefully, Age of Mythology remake, for you tread on my Twitch.TV Streams™.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
If people were buying it for the gameplay they could buy the originals that still work fine. Also I just looked on amazon and you can buy AoM and it's expansion for less than $10 before shipping.
people tend to buy what's new and avoid what's old, even if it's (literally) just a new coat of paint of the same old shit. it's part of our consumerist behavior. surely, you are aware of this.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

CLOUD SHADOWS.

-NEW WATER.

-ACHIEVEMENTS

-TWITCH STREAMING

if its true that the fps go down the shitter in MP thats quite some meat

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I fucking love the music, sounds, themes and visuals in AoM.

No idea if I'll ever buy this or not, but those shiny new grafix, and the night/day cycle (that will make it even more similar to Warcraft 3)? Me like.:greatjob:

Also, from the official site:

Minimum System Requirements
[...]
Hard Drive: 3 GB RAM
:D

Last edited:

80Maxwell08

Arcane
people tend to buy what's new and avoid what's old, even if it's (literally) just a new coat of paint of the same old shit. it's part of our consumerist behavior. surely, you are aware of this.
I agree with that but the person up there was complaining that rex was only nitpicking over superficial things when those are the only things being added to this (aside from changing how multiplayer runs). Granted I worded it wrong now that I looked at my post but you still have a point.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter

The issue is that the new coat of paint is poisonous and will negatively affect the gameplay.

(aside from making multiplayer work).

Gameranger works just fine right now.

80Maxwell08

Arcane

The issue is that the new coat of paint is poisonous and will negatively affect the gameplay.

(aside from making multiplayer work).

Gameranger works just fine right now.
Wasn't really sure honestly. Thanks for clearing that up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom