Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Wonders III released

zwanzig_zwoelf

They don't seem to have any regional restrictions.

Also, costs 20 bux here.

EDIT:
aow3wtf.jpg

I wonder which one I should pick. :lol:

Snozgobler

Educated
Really looking forward to giving this game a go later tonight. Already downloaded and just waiting to finish work!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Can't you buy it and gift it to someone else - or is it region locked?

catfood

AGAIN
Our plans for the first AoWIII update/patch
2 aprilie - lgsas
Hi everybody,

The dust is settling after launch; so it's time for an update! The team is very happy and humbled with the overall reception so far: reviews, sales, but most importantly we’re happy with overall fan reaction. But of course we can always do better. We’ve spent 39 months developing Age of Wonders III, and we're planning on supporting the game for a long period of time. We’ll release patches, free new features and dlc/expansion packs and we’re looking forward to implementing lots of feedback from the community. For the first update/patch, which will go live in the coming days we are looking at the following items:

Likely fixes:

* WQHD / QHD (up to 2560 x 1440 / 2560 *1600) native resolution display support (the Black & White boxes and blurry text should disappear)
* Frame Drops, particularly when having an army selected removed.
* AI Difficulty lowered for “Squire” – people dying a lot in the first Elven Court mission is not good.
* AI Global Spell Disjunction Spamming is limited
* AI Leaving their walls less quickly in combat
* Disabling of controller / joystick input to avoid camera drift
* Saving profile – e.g. graphics settings – fixed for the ‘Guest’ account.

New Features:
* Previous/Next Button for Cities (added to the city header)
* Quick Save Option.

This Auto-Steam update should drop in the next couple of days. This is just a start! We have many other updates and fixes in the works, including an option to disable observing multiplayer tactical combat between other players.

We are also looking for additional fixes for people having troubles with the online account system, folks getting the game to run through their routers, and compatibility with certain integrated Graphics Laptops / Tablets. Please check the Support Forums and Knowledge base for updates and don’t hesitate to contact us when you have trouble getting the game running smoothly on your equipment.

Thanks for your support!
-The Team @ Triumph

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Difficulty comes from turtling too much for the most part in AoW games. About Fire 1, if you rush the map then its piss easy as far as I remember. If you play games in "normal" pace it usually turns out alright but if youre just standing there for 20 turns waiting for your next stack to spawn you're gonna be in trouble.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, costs 20 bux here.

EDIT:
aow3wtf.jpg

Those Valve fuckers want E39.99 (170 PLN) for this here in Poland, just one border west of Ukraine. More than double than your $20 (65 PLN).
Which makes absolutely no sense, because you can easily buy a boxed copy for 70 PLN (~$22, E18), and they include a steam key.

Anyway - good game y/n?

Last edited:

catfood

AGAIN
Also, costs 20 bux here.

EDIT:
aow3wtf.jpg

Those Valve fuckers want E39.99 (170 PLN) for this here in Poland, just one border west of Ukraine. More than double than your $20 (65 PLN).
Which makes absolutely no sense, because you can easily buy a boxed copy for 70 PLN (~$22, E18), and they include a steam key.

Anyway - good game y/n?
It's good but I'm just gonna wait for the Gold/Complete/Ultimate Edition with all the DLCs and expansions. The game could use a bit more content at the moment, not to mention some patching with regards to balancing.

Keldryn

Arcane
I didn't know that AoW III was even in development... Cool. I really enjoyed the original game, as well as Shadow Magic. Now I just need time to play games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom