Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 233: Brenda Romero on Sir-Tech

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brenda Brathwaite; Matt Barton; Sir-Tech; Wizardry

In the latest episode of his show, Matt Barton interviews Sir-Tech Software veteran Brenda Romero. It's a nice little interview, in which Brenda describes her upbringing as a gamer in upstate New York, the beginning of her career at Sir-Tech, and her introduction to the venerable Wizardry series.

(And before you ask, no, there's nothing about Cleve here, you assholes.)

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Why hasn't anyone tagged Cleveland Mark Blakemore yet?
Bill-Hader-Eating-Popcorn-Smiling-SNL.gif

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I hope in one of the next parts of the interview we will get to know more about her future projects (hoping for some RPG...). Actually I don't know what her gamestudio does the whole time, as only 1 old game is on their website for the last couple of years. How do they earn their money? Teaching?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's the thing with her and Cleve? I can feel its something ...important.

Kz3r0

Arcane

http://www.indiegogo.com/grimoireforever There is a spiritual successor to Wizardry. It is called Grimoire and it is done. Brenda already got her Kickstarter at Sir-Tech. It was called Wizardry 8 and it cost two million dollars for Brenda to play game designer. Sir-Tech believed Brenda when she told them that nobody was interested in playing old skool RPGs anymore. It ended with Sir-Tech going bankrupt with less than $50 in assets at their hearing. If anybody had thought Brenda was a good bet to head up another team after Sir-Tech went out of business, with her huge social networking skills I am sure she could have headed up another team. Brenda is good at social networking but not much of a game designer. If she had any pleasure or enthusiasm for the genre she'd be working in it instead of writing politically correct social games for FaceBook. She wants another two million, this time to pay her to make a game she can't even seem to describe. Maybe that is because she is more interested in two million dollars than old skool RPGs. For those of you who don't understand why Sir-Tech turned away from their core and blew their money on junk like DRUIDS, it was because they thought Brenda knew what she was talking about. That's why they are out of business today.

www.kickstarter.com/profile/cleveblakemore/comments

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Damn it, now I've gone and watched the Shaker Kickstarter video again. Listening to them repeat "old school RPG" over and over again as though they were lacing the performance with hypnotic suggestions really makes me squirm. Not to mention the way they have a bunch of old RPGs shelved behind them, but apparently felt that was too subtle, so come out and say "we love old school RPGs LOOK THERE IS PROOF BEHIND US."

Tom Hall's participation in that was very disappointing.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh god don't remind me

"We all loved old school RPGs.. because CLOTH MAPS"

Watching that KS video was so fucking awkward.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
http://www.indiegogo.com/grimoireforever There is a spiritual successor to Wizardry. It is called Grimoire and it is done. Brenda already got her Kickstarter at Sir-Tech. It was called Wizardry 8 and it cost two million dollars for Brenda to play game designer. Sir-Tech believed Brenda when she told them that nobody was interested in playing old skool RPGs anymore. It ended with Sir-Tech going bankrupt with less than $50 in assets at their hearing. If anybody had thought Brenda was a good bet to head up another team after Sir-Tech went out of business, with her huge social networking skills I am sure she could have headed up another team. Brenda is good at social networking but not much of a game designer. If she had any pleasure or enthusiasm for the genre she'd be working in it instead of writing politically correct social games for FaceBook. She wants another two million, this time to pay her to make a game she can't even seem to describe. Maybe that is because she is more interested in two million dollars than old skool RPGs. For those of you who don't understand why Sir-Tech turned away from their core and blew their money on junk like DRUIDS, it was because they thought Brenda knew what she was talking about. That's why they are out of business today.

*Upzipping his pants*... That was a cockblocker. I hope some of these things are addressed in Matt Chat Pt.2, otherwise it's a waste of time. Who cares about the boring biographical details anyways.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent

www.kickstarter.com/profile/cleveblakemore/comments

calvin4dz2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom