Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Chaos Reborn - Kickstarter by the creator of X-COM

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Chaos Reborn; Kickstarter

65682e0bfe1d519d5d6afbf9b0c78a27_large.jpg

Julian Gollop, creator of the original X-COM, has started a Kickstarter for a turn-based game called Chaos Reborn.

Based on a ZX Spectrum game he made in 1985 called, "Chaos," in Chaos Reborn, you control a wizard who summons creatures to fight for him.

The project is asking for $180,000.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I cannot back due to Amazon having issues with my credit card, but I certainly hope it makes the goal.

Dehumanizer

Educated
I'm a huge fan of the original 1985 game, which is still great to play hotseat, and it's great to see that previews are focusing on that mode right now (probably because Gollop hasn't implemented the single-player campaign yet).

Apparently, the single-player mode will be more like Lords of Chaos, which I *tried* to like but didn't (the "create lots of units with spells" gameplay works beautifully in the single-screen Chaos arena, but not with the complexity and large maps of Laser Squad or X-Com, not to mention that you had very few action points for each unit each turn and could easily become tired, thus having even fewer -- which bothered Gollop himself when he recently tried to replay LoC).

Still, IMO he got it exactly right at least 3 times (Chaos, Laser Squad, X-Com), and even his "lesser" games were always enjoyable, so he has my backing.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Seeing Levine's mug in the pitch video almost made me close the page immediately, but luckily I watched on and it seems that he's not actually involved in development - he's just in the video to help hype the game. The game itself looks pretty nifty, I might end up backing it. :)

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Hahahahahahahahaah, that full-body shot of the guy superimposed over the action was a bad idea, almost worse than his three-layer top with a fully buttoned polo.

And his am motions make it look like he's in a skiing simulator when he talks. :lol:

Anyway, backed.

Hahahahahahahahaah, that full-body shot of the guy superimposed over the action was a bad idea, almost worse than his three-layer top with a fully buttoned polo.

And his am motions make it look like he's in a skiing simulator when he talks. :lol:

Anyway, backed.

Works perfectly here though

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hey Whisky, can you include a link to the KS in your news post?

I hope Gollop has some marketing behind this. He doesn't appear to, and unfortunately that's one of the most important parts of a KS coming from an 'unknown' (i know..).

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Hey Whisky, can you include a link to the KS in your news post?

I hope Gollop has some marketing behind this. He doesn't appear to, and unfortunately that's one of the most important parts of a KS coming from an 'unknown' (i know..).

There's a hyperlink to it.

Yeah, I really hope some of the gaming journalists give this more coverage. If not, we'll do what little we can.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom