Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Wonders III: Theocrat revealed

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Age of Wonders III; Triumph Studios

Triumph Studios has revealed a new leader class for Age of Wonders III. The Theocrat does what you'd normally think a typical RPG Theocrat would do, having primarily supportive abilities with few directly offensive capabilities.

▪ Mighty Meek – They say the meek shall inherit the earth, and this spell gives them the power to do so. The Target friendly unit gains bonus strength for each tier level difference when attacking or defending against a higher tier unit.
▪ Instant Wrath – Deals half of all damage dealt against target friendly unit back to its attacker until end of combat.
▪ Mark of the Heretic - Marks the units in target enemy army as Heretics for a few turns. Devout units deal an additional 3 damage against Heretics.
▪ The Great Purge - Channels divine power to cleanse the land of all supernatural beings. The caster's Infantry and Cavalry units gain Dragon Slayer, Fey Slayer, Giant Slayer, Monster Slayer, Summon Slayer, and Undead Slayer.
▪ Armageddon - Foretells the end of the world. The caster's entire Empire ignores negative morale modifiers and its units gain Strong Will. The caster's enemies suffer 80% Weakness and cannot regenerate health anymore.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I hate those sieges.

The art is bland and generic and the game doesn't look as good as the predecessors, who were fairly pretty.

I don't see any good reason to switch to this game and not just go back to Shadow Magic instead.

Can I be proven wrong?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Battles allow up to 42-units.

Not afraid of giving tier-4 units OP skills.

Crusader goblins.

Dwarf succubi.

:takemymoney:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I hate those sieges.

The art is bland and generic and the game doesn't look as good as the predecessors, who were fairly pretty.

My impression too, sadly making a pretty game in an era of 3D is a very expensive affair.
When games were 2D even indies could make great art and you had to screw up really bad to make your game look ugly (hint, Homam 4).
Today though you need millions of dorra (or dozens of underpaid Russian artists) to create a beautiful world and 3D models.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's worse, though, is that I fear this turn to 3D is what actually lead to only 6 races being available. :(

I just hope the remaining ones are interesting to play, and very different from each other.
The basic gameplay itself seems just as good as in the older AoW games, so despite my doubts this is a sure buy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom