Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #72: Dragonfall Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Mike McCain; Mitch Gitelman; Shadowrun Returns; Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Shadowrun: Dragonfall, the promised "Berlin DLC" expansion pack for Harebrained Schemes' Shadowrun Returns, has just been released. The latest Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter update has the details:

14e280332441400c85a5472000ac7cc9_large.png

Today is the day!!

At 10am PST February 27, your Steam, GOG and Humble Store keys were officially activated. Backers and folks who bought the Collectors Edition of SRR can now download their free copy of Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

In addition, we have updated Shadowrun Returns to version 1.2, and added the ability to save your game at any time (and in any story, including Dead Man’s Switch AND User-Generated Content).

It’s hard to believe that one of our Kickstarter stretch goals has grown into such a major release for our little studio. Dragonfall is actually much bigger than our original campaign - some completionist-type folks are reporting as much as 18 hours long!

Beyond the new campaign, city, characters, equipment, portraits, enemies, save functionality, and editor features, you’ll find lots of small improvements in the game. We really went all out for this expansion and we hope you like it as much as we do.

[...] As you can imagine, we’re anxiously waiting to see how the world receives our new story. We put a lot into it and hope it shows how hard we’ll work to grow and improve the Shadowrun experience if we get the chance.

We’re very grateful for all the support you’ve given us over the last 23 months. It’s been a pleasure bringing Shadowrun back to the screen for you.

Danke schön!!!
- HBS
The DLC is now available on Steam and GOG for the price of $15. If you want to see how it looks like before you buy, you might want to check out this Let's Play video by HBS's Mitch Gitelman and Mike McCain. Be warned, however, that Mitch's narration of NPC dialogue is very annoying. :) Expect to see our own review of Dragonfall sometime in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turok

Erudite
This game is good? i have KS obsidian and inxile games (torment, PoE and WL2) but never try this one.

Lerk

Learned
This game is good? i have KS obsidian and inxile games (torment, PoE and WL2) but never try this one.
SRR, the original game, is :pete:, and what it is is a mobile/tablet game, with all the depth that might suggest. The music, art direction, combat and writing was excellent to good, it just lacked any sort of meaningful character generation, branching or C&C that would have elevated it to something truly worthy of the licence, and IMO, they could have done a bit more with the backing they got.

I've not played this DLC and I won't unless they've made it decidedly less linear than its forebear. At the very least. Watching and waiting for the :obviously: Codexian Hivemind's opinion on it.

ColCol

Arcane
What's the deal, I thought if you owned the original at a certain point you would receive a discount. Oh well, guess I'll wait to buy it/

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eighteen WHOLE hours? :P

Still, SRR vanilla had style and the combat system was decent. "More of the same" at that price point is good enough for me, especially if the challenge was cranked up a notch.

Tigranes

Arcane
18 hours for 'some completionist types' means 9 hours for me. Meh. The original was fun for $15 but not really craving more.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yep, went through the first levels and I have quite a good feeling about this...

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Was going to ask, is this better than the original module they rolled out?

Branm

Learned
So did these noobs implement saving anywhere yet or is it still to hard and difficult?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
heh, just noticed goldschmidt calls the turk meine freundin instead of mein freund...
So did these noobs implement saving anywhere yet or is it still to hard and difficult?
is in, works for me but apparently not everybody.

Morkar Left

Only played the first run. Nearly got my ass handed down on very hard. Barely made it by using up all medkits and BuMoNa cards. Probably could have made it better but I wasn't expecting HBS would cram up the difficulty right from the start. Good fun so far.

Save anywhere doesn't seem to work 'anywhere'. Dunno what's up with it.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Mitch Gitelman; Shadowrun Returns; Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Shadowrun: Dragonfall, the promised "Berlin DLC" expansion pack for Harebrained Schemes' Shadowrun Returns, has just been released. The latest Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter update has the details:

THe​

Today is the day!!

At 10am PST February 27, your Steam, GOG and Humble Store keys were officially activated. Backers and folks who bought the Collectors Edition of SRR can now download their free copy of Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

In addition, we have updated Shadowrun Returns to version 1.2, and added the ability to save your game at any time (and in any story, including Dead Man’s Switch AND User-Generated Content).

It’s hard to believe that one of our Kickstarter stretch goals has grown into such a major release for our little studio. Dragonfall is actually much bigger than our original campaign - some completionist-type folks are reporting as much as 18 hours long!

Beyond the new campaign, city, characters, equipment, portraits, enemies, save functionality, and editor features, you’ll find lots of small improvements in the game. We really went all out for this expansion and we hope you like it as much as we do.

[...] As you can imagine, we’re anxiously waiting to see how the world receives our new story. We put a lot into it and hope it shows how hard we’ll work to grow and improve the Shadowrun experience if we get the chance.

We’re very grateful for all the support you’ve given us over the last 23 months. It’s been a pleasure bringing Shadowrun back to the screen for you.

Danke schön!!!
- HBS
The DLC is now available on Steam and GOG for the price of $15. If you want to see how it looks like before you buy, you might want to check out this Let's Play video by HBS's Mitch Gitelman and Mike McCain. Be warned, however, that Mitch's narration of NPC dialogue is very annoying. :) Expect to see our own review of Dragonfall sometime in the near future.

Would lve to sink my teeth into this, if I wasn't in no Internet land

Last edited by a moderator:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
More shit added on to shit is still shit. I'll wait for PE. Thanks. :)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
More shit added on to shit is still shit. I'll wait for PE. Thanks. :)

Pretty Princess is happy as long as there is a generic, Biowarian fantasy setting and horribly bland art direction. Proving only that shit poster is still shit.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
DMS didn't show its true disappointing colors until toward the end, though, so it'll be a bit (well, 18 hours or so?) until we get a clearer idea of how this one looks as a whole. but hey, I Kickstarted, so no more precious gold needs to be spent for me to check it out myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom