Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Risen 3: Titan Lords revealed in PC Games magazine

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Piranha Bytes; Risen 3: Titan Lords

Piranha Bytes' next game, which is known to have been in development for a while now, has been revealed as Risen 3: Titan Lords. It will be formally announced in the next issue of the German PC Games magazine.

PC_Games_03-14_Banner-pc-games.jpg

Judging by these leaked screenshots, the game will see a return to a more standard medieval setting. Other than that, we know nothing about it.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
fuck me hard. im the risen dude. fuck me senseless. its risen. my dick. my risen dick. watch me rise. fuck me senseless. im one shit turd bitchlord. im crying. i cant stop. i kill titants. gothic was a good game. gothic was a good game and i made that game ten years ago. my games are still relevant because of the gamse i made ten years ago.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
hi guys. want to know if you want to buy my cake. yeah its a ten year old cake. some of you guys liked the cake i maed iin 2003. thinking back on it it was good cake. i made a similar cake in, like, 2008, i guess. that was a good cake too. i made a shitty version of that cake a faew years later. now im making that cake again??? is anyone interested????? mods???? im going to watch predator.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh good, another game to crush me under the continued realization that no one will ever make something like Gothic 2 again.

Tigranes

Arcane
FFS Infinitron is the reason every single fucking thing in the Codex has two different threads

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh good, another game to crush me under the continued realization that no one will ever make something like Gothic 2 again.

Try Gothic 3. #fuckthehaters
I beat Gothic 3. I don't hate it, but it's nowhere near as good as G2 by any objective measure. Also 'no one will make X again' sort of precludes including things that have already been created.

Xenich

Cipher
I really enjoyed Risen... it wasn't bad. Say what you will, complain about this and that, but overall, it was an enjoyable linear progression system.

Though, after risen 2, I think this will be a worthless pile of shit that only someone too fucking stupid to tie their own shoe would find to be a good game. I hope they prove me wrong, but... I know they won't. So.. They can fuck off!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Risen 1 was good (except for the shit ending but PB games have always had shit bosses/endings). Risen 2 was poor even for a generic arpg.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Risen 1 was good mainly because it was a shameless Gothic clone with more sensible controls, I didn't even bother playing 2 and I don't have the best expectations for this one

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really enjoyed Risen... it wasn't bad. Say what you will, complain about this and that, but overall, it was an enjoyable linear progression system.

Though, after risen 2, I think this will be a worthless pile of shit that only someone too fucking stupid to tie their own shoe would find to be a good game. I hope they prove me wrong, but... I know they won't. So.. They can fuck off!

Veeery edgy but let's get some perspective here.

Risen 2 was a decline game compared to Risen 1 or Gothic 2. But saying it was a worthless-pile-of-shit-crime-against-humanity-genocidal-atrocity-dry-rape game is just trying hard to fit in. And being retarded.

Published in 2012 It was still miles better than all the phlegm passed for RPG those days like ME3 or DA2. REading all the hate for R2 makes me absolutely sure a good portion of those "critics" made up their minds about the game long before they actually played it. If they played it at all.

Now that's dealt with let's hope the next thing is a true "going back to roots" in all its PB glory because lord knows they don't make gaimz like Gothic 2 anymore.

Murk

Arcane
I... I want to believe. I want to.

But there is no faith left.

Please prove me wrong PB; but I fear you cannot.

Xenich

Cipher

Veeery edgy but let's get some perspective here.

Risen 2 was a decline game compared to Risen 1 or Gothic 2. But saying it was a worthless-pile-of-shit-crime-against-humanity-genocidal-atrocity-dry-rape game is just trying hard to fit in. And being retarded.

Published in 2012 It was still miles better than all the phlegm passed for RPG those days like ME3 or DA2. REading all the hate for R2 makes me absolutely sure a good portion of those "critics" made up their minds about the game long before they actually played it. If they played it at all.

Now that's dealt with let's hope the next thing is a true "going back to roots" in all its PB glory because lord knows they don't make gaimz like Gothic 2 anymore.

You are arguing the taste of a dried up hamburger that has a moldy bun and rotting lettuce compared to that of shit smothered over some peta bread. Yes, I realize that Risen 2 was better form than the complete and utter shit that is common today, but seriously, if all we have is to argue over quality based on the criteria of not being as shitty as what is current in the market, well... we might as well pass the gun around and be done with it. Risen 2 was shit... not terrible compared to having your testicles drawn up through your mouth and then put in a nut cracker, but... well... seriously... what is the fucking point after that?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Risen 2 wasn't shit. I'd call it mediocre to poor. It certainly wasn't Arcania bad.

Coyote

Arcane
REading all the hate for R2 makes me absolutely sure a good portion of those "critics" made up their minds about the game long before they actually played it. If they played it at all.

I picked up Risen 2 a few months after it came out, so many people here had already formed an opinion, and I expected the worst. It actually wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but it was a thoroughly mediocre game that failed to deliver on any of the qualities that made previous PB games stand out. The one thing it had going for it was a slightly less overused setting, but that's not enough on its own; after all, Gothic 1 had the most interesting setting out of either series, but it's not the one that constantly makes top (A)RPG lists.

I wouldn't get your hopes up:

4. Have you guys played a lot of Gothic? How do you perceive it from the point of view of the gamer?

I started to play our games at home but never played one completely to the end, they are just too long.

11. Would you like to go back to developing a new Gothic game?

Oh, ok, the following only represents my own opinion:

To be honest: not really. The one who develops a new Gothic, will get his fingers burned. He will be slashed by magazines and burned alive by die hard fans.

The expectations for this game would be so high, we couldn’t meet them.

The times have changed, the Gothic games lived up by a different mood, we were much more experimental back in the day. Something that was very exciting and the player could feel this loose and playful approach, but this also led to exorbitant developing times and many many bugs. We fixed this, but we also parted from this sand box developing approach.

What is this desperate need for a new Gothic game? What is expected? Well, a Gothic 1 extension is expected. Basically the same game, but more of it and in a fresh looking environment. Despite the fact, that our company is no more the same like back in the day and we would have a hard time, getting back that “feel”, chances are, we would be accused of plagiarism and lack of innovation. Like “copy-pasting” our selves. These are accusations, we actually have to face very often; nearly after every new project. But in combination with a new Gothic, this would be terrible for the Gothic world.

When we do this, this one has to be nailed. It has to be fabulous in every aspect and there should be a huge and long planning phase. I believe it to be developed some day. But not now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom