Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Turn-based Isometric RPG Zaharia Now on Kickstarter

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Inner Void Interactive; Zaharia

As you may know, we have a thread in General RPG Discussion about the isometric indie RPG Zaharia. Yesterday the game went live on Kickstarter, seeking a not-so-measly £120,000.

The game has a 30 minute prototype with some alpha features, available for you to try out. Grab it here: http://www.innervoid.net/web/?page_id=377

Zaharia is an RPG with an oriental and middle eastern flavored setting, inspired by Middle East cultures charm and made with care to be original but, at the same time, plausible and convincing.The player will be able to create his own character and use him freely, writing his own story in the world of Zaharia without neither compromises nor constraints.

While exploring the game’s world, the player will discover its centuries-old history, and will come in contact with a world radically different from the ones inspired to European Middle-Age.

Feature List
  • Isometric 3D graphic;
  • Turn-based battles based on our original rules’ system;
  • Narrative and Interpretative non-linearity, allowing the player not only to choose which quest to follow, but also to make choices and solve problems in many different ways;
  • A free-roaming world, Fallout style;
  • A large number of skills and stats to manage, in order to customize your own virtual alter-ego in every small detail;
  • An original setting created from scratch, inspired to late medieval Persia and Arabia, and completely different from the classic fantasy settings;
  • Development of mature themes: slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics and so on;
  • Five main factions to choose from, each of them deeply characterized and different from the others;
  • Innovative magic system, making mages something more than portable siege weapons.

The "early bird" digital copy tier is £8; otherwise it's £12. You can read up on the game's mechanics in more detail on the Kickstarter page.

You can also upvote Zaharia on Steam Greenlight.

Delterius

Arcane
Yes, I fear they might not be rewarded for their honesty in budgeting. Still, if I remember correctly, I kinda liked what they had to say about magic so color me intrigued.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The prototype they made is really promising. The situation presented, choices available, and consequences from those choices are all top notch.

The prototype they made is really promising. The situation presented, choices available, and consequences from those choices are all top notch.

Unfortunately, although they may deserve funding more that some gimmicky or well known developers or kickstarters, with their ideas and execution of the said ideas, 2800 pounds doesn't bode well for the project. It always makes me sad when potentially awesome projects get "forgotten" on KS and don't make it, while some gimmicky shit game garners millions. But I guess that's the state of humanity we have today and have made ourselves.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm sorry but I couldn't finish watching their trailer because of bleeding ears and not understanding much of what they were saying. This accent is much much worse than the ones from the Kingdom Come Deliverance guys. I fear this will drive many other potential backers away too.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm sorry but I couldn't finish watching their trailer because of bleeding ears and not understanding much of what they were saying. This accent is much much worse than the ones from the Kingdom Come Deliverance guys. I fear this will drive many other potential backers away too.
This. Especially the second guy is nigh incomprehensible, as is often the case with thick Italian accents. Downloading the alpha now to see what's what first hand.

This. Especially the second guy is nigh incomprehensible, as is often the case with thick Italian accents. Downloading the alpha now to see what's what first hand.

Post some comments bro!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Post some comments bro!
Alpha's pretty good.

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Post some comments bro!
Alpha's pretty good.
Alpha has a distinct AoD vibe.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Damn alpha doesn't work for me, can't go further than skill distribution. Somebody post a few screenshots with dialogue and C&C at least

Seems game has trouble with non widescreen monitors

Great, first I had to re-install x64 Win to play turn-based blobber with steps, now I'm thinking on buying 16:9 monitor to play and AoD-like indie. hur.

Last edited:

Indranys

Savant
Still downloading right now.
Can't wait to try the prototype. :salute:

And yeah man is everything cheaper in Italy or something??
Or maybe they'll develop the game in Thailand and spend half of the budget for tranny hookers and wild parties.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Damn alpha doesn't work for me, can't go further than skill distribution. Somebody post a few screenshots with dialogue and C&C at least
Screenshots of dialog will not really do it justice. The translation is not the best.

evdk

Patron

Seems game has trouble with non widescreen monitors
You are stranded in hostile territory, wounded, without resources and the only reason you are even alive is that the enemy is having a civil war. You have to use that to your advantage if you want to survive. Cue treachery and backstabbing. And questionable grammar.

Also teleporting

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

The other problem is their Kickstarter page. It is rife with poorly translated writing.

I work as a writer in marketing and advertising and I can tell you guys that nothing -- nothing!! -- will destroy people's confidence in your ability to deliver than bad writing. Nobody cares if it isn't your first language. If you are not willing to go on E-Lance and pay someone $100 bucks to edit your content, it says a lot about you.

Mortmal

Arcane

For a french its perfectly understandable english....

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Only played the prototype for about 5 minutes so I don't think I am able to judge.
I didn't like the swearing (multiple uses of "fucking" and one "son of a bitch"), reads too much like the Codex to me, didn't know how to rotate the camera (you can rotate it, right?), didn't find an inventory or anything resembling a UI and the scene was very barren ... empty even ... so I wasn't that impressed.
AoD's combat demo was definitely much better, don't know why they release that prototype. Or maybe I'm just not hardcore enough to figure out game controls on my own anymore without tutorial handholding. ^^
For a french its perfectly understandable english....
Really?
I'm German and to me it's mostly gibberish.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
It makes sense , we have the same latin roots, while german are the barbarians from the east :)

Severian Silk

The other problem is their Kickstarter page. It is rife with poorly translated writing.

I work as a writer in marketing and advertising and I can tell you guys that nothing -- nothing!! -- will destroy people's confidence in your ability to deliver than bad writing. Nobody cares if it isn't your first language. If you are not willing to go on E-Lance and pay someone $100 bucks to edit your content, it says a lot about you.
At one point I was doing the translation for Star Wolves 3. But there was a disagreement over what the word "Emperor" meant. Russians.

Tigranes

Arcane
Someone said aod vibe?

Better try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom