Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News South Park: The Stick of Truth goes gold, gets 13 minute gameplay video and glowing previews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; South Park: The Stick of Truth; Ubisoft

South Park: The Stick of Truth has "gone gold" and Ubisoft has initiated the traditional pre-release publicity blitz for the game. In addition to officially unveiling the "Making Of" trailer that was leaked last month, they've also posted a gameplay video which shows the game's first 13 minutes. It's pretty entertaining stuff, and I'm not just saying that because whoever played the game decided to take the "Jew" class.

Meanwhile, it looks like all of the major gaming news sites has been provided with preview copies, and as of today they've begun posting their impressions. Interestingly, some of them, such as GameSpot, find the gameplay mechanics uninteresting but the humor spot-on, while others, such as Eurogamer, find the mechanics promising but the humor to be unambitious. On the whole, however, all of the previews are quite positive. IGN's preview says that the game might possibly be "the Best Licensed Game Ever" and reports that it appears to be completely bug-free. Good news for Obsidian.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They should send the Codex a review copy. I've watched more South Park and played more RPGs than anyone at IGN. :rpgcodex:

Raapys

Arcane
Still don't think it's up my alley, but it looks better than I'd expected. And the jew thing was a nice touch.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They should send the Codex a review copy. I've watched more South Park and played more RPGs than anyone at IGN. :rpgcodex:

We could try to ask for one. Our previous interactions with Ubisoft have been positive, after all.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

We could try to ask for one. Our previous interactions with Ubisoft have been positive, after all.
I have actually tried to contact them already. It's not at all like MMXL for instance, because Limbic basically ran their own PR. Ubisoft's US branch and Obsidian are red-taped as hell.

Raapys

Arcane
What if you temporarily change all Ubisoft reviews on the codex to read 10/10 GOTY!!!! and then ask?

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I haven't paid any attention to this game so far, but it looks promising.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Begging for review copies? Really?

Well don't forget to make an unpacking video. All ironic of course.

Steam keys don't need to be unpacked.

Zed Do they even know who you are? Maybe Crooked Bee would have better luck.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wasnt really following this, but I was under impression that the game will feature massive amount of customization at start. I assume that video shows just a quick run with default character. still does anyone knows exact details of character customization?

imweasel

Cartman never fails to amuse. :lol:

I'm gonna play this shit even if it is only good for a few laughs.

lurker3000

Arcane
I really want to play this but $60 is just to much money to pay for a game. Guess the summer sale will have to do.

Also is this using the crappy ubiplay thing or whatever.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Infinitron probably something best discussed in private forum, but I do believe our favorable relations are with Limbic and not Ubi per se.

Hormalakh

Magister
fuck....we're Codex "Mods" are going to start getting free doritos? MMXL was a one time thing. you guys start slurping the assholes of these people and you're no better than those journo-prostitutes.

where the fuck is your honor? wait for the game to come out and buy it like the rest of the plebs and then review it. like normal people.:x:x:x

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
It has potential to be fun. Some things look nice some things not so much. I don't like the fact it looks like that each class has ver specific weapons they can use. And, they should have had more weird 'classesl' like Jew.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom