Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India announced

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wonder what if anything they'll do to keep interaction between Europeans and Indians to a minimum? It makes sense for people in the middle east to talk to both groups, but they shouldn't have any direct contact.

Angthoron

Arcane
Welp, I'd still prefer it that CK2 would be further deepened rather than broadened, but, on the other hand, I'm sure there'll be Kama Sutra-related events, so this can't be a bad expansion.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Goddamnit, Paradox. You won't make me waste 100 more hours on this game. I refuse to give in.

Unnnggggh. I'm failing in my resolve, brothers. Help me! Help me....

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Welp, I'd still prefer it that CK2 would be further deepened rather than broadened, but, on the other hand, I'm sure there'll be Kama Sutra-related events, so this can't be a bad expansion.
At the very least the bastard events for Indians should have those references. "I gave her a good tumble... UPSIDE DOWN!"

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Goddamnit, Paradox. You won't make me waste 100 more hours on this game. I refuse to give in.

Kill yourself. Not because you play Crusader Kings 2, but because you form part of the shitty popamoler trilogy, along J_C and Matt12455whatever.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

Kill yourself. Not because you play Crusader Kings 2, but because you form part of the shitty popamoler trilogy, along J_C and Matt12455whatever.
MicroSelva is a Fucking Quality Poster who's given us some awesome Baldur's Gate LPs. What have you ever done?

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Kill yourself.
"Kill yourself", the shady cult member repeated, offering MicoSelva a ceremonial blade.

Delterius

Arcane
Time to create an inversion of the muslim conquest of India. Except this time it will also include the fall of Constantinople along the way. Think Hindi Ottoman + Mughal Empires.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
They posted a feature preview
  • Rajas of India features twice the landmass of the base game.
  • Play as an Indian ruler. Start a new and quite different type of game by playing as an Indian raja in 867 (if you have The Old Gods expansion) or at any point between 1066 to 1337 AD.
  • Three new Unique Religions. Choose between the Buddhist, Jain and Hindu beliefs for different benefits.
  • Caste System.
  • Experience Indian Events & Decisions.
  • Elephants and Jungles.
  • Hundreds of new Provinces including Central Asia and large parts of Siberia too.
  • New Interface Skin.
  • Indian characters get a unique set of facial profiles and clothes.
  • Steam MP Matchmaking and Steam Workshop: These features are brought over from Europa Universalis IV into Crusader Kings II, together with Borderless Windowed mode in the patch together with the release of the expansion.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
  • Hundreds of new Provinces including Central Asia and large parts of Siberia too.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Delterius

Arcane
Soon, it will be two years since Crusader Kings 2 was released. So, in a way, I think that Paradox reached a whole new level of fostering a fanbase. Perhaps because the pressure of SHINY NEW AGE GRAPHICS is nill, they can churn out actual expansions for so long. At this point I wouldn't doubt that we'll get a Theocracy and a Horde Steppe DLC right before some sort of China expansion. This is why, I think, they can get away with these barrages of cosmetic DLC that overwhelms people every few years.

Delterius

Arcane
I don't know much of Paradox's finances, but if push comes to shove they'll have to do things like Blizzard. The price for buying everything except the latest DLC will be either equal or less (most likely less) than that of a full game. That should be enough.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if they'll ever make a Crusader Kings III at this rate? Even if they vastly improve the base mechanics in ways that couldn't be patched into CK2, a CK3 will seem like a huge step back compared to the sheer amount of content added by the CK2 expansions.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I wonder if they'll ever make a Crusader Kings III at this rate? Even if they vastly improve the base mechanics in ways that couldn't be patched into CK2, a CK3 will seem like a huge step back compared to the sheer amount of content added by the CK2 expansions.
As with all their games there will be a 2 year dead cycle in between. More than enough time to deprecate CKII.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
MicroSelva is a Fucking Quality Poster who's given us some awesome Baldur's Gate LPs. What have you ever done?

Everyone who browses this forum posts in some way.
And that's how these posts happen, each and every day.
Just look at retardoland or crojibjibs place which is totally gay.
It's all here because of poo, and now I will tell you why...

Your posts are read by sperglords, who post diarrhea and spam.
Their opinion fuses with their body and becomes the poo they type. And that poo routes through the internet, which is tucked into the wall. There it is caught by the NSA, which becomes the governments meat. The government grows bigger with the poo still inside, it floats to the surface and gets eaten again. By the media that turns the poo into some kind of brand, so that it can spring to life and become poo for the land!

It's the poo of the right-wing protesters, It's the poo of the sales staff. Which crawls down into facebook, where it gets read by every ass. The asses blog their prattle, which is read by you on the other end, which become shitposts on the forum all over again.

Just like you post without thinking about it, so too do the google and banksters do what they do. Without even thinking about it! But it's all one life form. It's all you.
That is the cycle. The cycle of your posts.

I think the next step should be tying all this enormous CKII simulation framework into an actual RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom