Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Paradox Development Studios to Announce Two New Projects

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Tags: Paradox Development Studios

Two new projects have been revealed on the Paradox forums, here and here.

The codenames for the projects are Nero and Armstrong respectively.

Nero could mean a new Rome game and Armstrong possibly some sort of space colonization game - considering the Cold War is already taken. If that is indeed the case I expect Armstrong to be a case study, similar to Sengoku, since 1) not sure the team can handle two projects at the same time and 2) it would be a whole new setting for them. Both are likely to be Grand Strategies.

The full project details will be revealed on the 23rd of January 2014. Tacticular cancer will keep up to date on any developments. :salute:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I wonder if they'll make save converter DLCs a launch thing from now on. Would be p. cool.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
These are absolutely, definitely not Rome 2:
johan.PNG

:(

I wonder why they are so dead-set against making another Rome game? Did the original sell 15 copies in total or something?

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Update (which already existed yesterday (actually December, but the link wasn't established), but I only found out after I posted the news item and I didn't care enough to add):

Nero teaser:
0GrWLQY.jpg

Armstrong teaser:
NZzGB72.png

Update 2:

Nero teaser:
There will be fire & darkness.

Armstrong teaser:
We will have ships!

Make of that what you will. Nero is looking very much like an official GoT release (my gut says dwarfs though, dunno what that means) and Armstrong gives off a lot of Vicki III vibes.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Rome would be a failure, anyways. It's just not very interesting unless you split Rome into factions and revolutionize the diplomatic aspect of PI games. Until then, there's a shit ton of board games to fulfill Roman lust.

If it's GoT, I'm done with Paradox. If it's Vicky III, I'll be just fine.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Are these sure to be new games tho? If not it's entirely possible that Nero is ANOTHER big CK2 DLC.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Paradox should make a Heroes of Might & Magic game.
:troll:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Rome would be a failure, anyways. It's just not very interesting unless you split Rome into factions and revolutionize the diplomatic aspect of PI games. Until then, there's a shit ton of board games to fulfill Roman lust.

If it's GoT, I'm done with Paradox. If it's Vicky III, I'll be just fine.

What if it's both?

Comte

Fantasy RTS game based on Conan the barbarian, and a space rts game is my guess.

mondblut

Arcane
I wouldn't mind an Alpha Centauri type game using Hearts of Iron gameplay. Or even space grand strategy proper.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I see a (T-34 looking) tank in the Armstrong picture, but maybe my eyes deceive me.

Nero could be anything. Maybe a fall of Rome/Dark Ages game.

I wouldn't mind an Alpha Centauri type game using Hearts of Iron gameplay. Or even space grand strategy proper.

Would love a SMAC-style Grand Strategy with Hearts of Iron combat and a enhanced, more sci-fi version of Victoria's economic system, together with Social Engineering from SMAC and some politics from Victoria. Of course, lots of colonization.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom