Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Obsidian to reveal a new game at GDC 2014

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Katrina Garsten; Obsidian Entertainment

This is actually news from last year, but I don't recall anyone reporting on it yet.

A while ago, Bradley University posted one of those alumni profile articles on an Obsidian Entertainment employee named Katrina Schnell. According to BU, she sang and played the violin for the Pillars of Eternity trailer as an intern last year, and will in January become an Associate Producer for an unannounced project. I guess that's what it takes to land a producer role. Schnell indeed.

More interestingly, the article adds:

This isn't the only game Katrina is working on through Obsidian ... that game is still a secret and will be announced at Game Developers Conference in San Francisco in 2014!

The 2014 GDC will be held in San Francisco starting March 17th and ending March 21st.

Thanks, Duraframe300.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I vote for AAA. If they do a Kickstarter, they will announce it as the latest one. Some forthshadowing with a website, and then launching it on the Kickstarter site.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I hope they make a portal from the get-go á la Star Citizen to supplement their next KS.

I wouldn't mind sci-fi, but I hope they do something different in that case - far removed from Star Wars/Mass Effect. No space stations. Perhaps something more quasi sci-fi like Gene Wolfe's torturer stuff. Future earth. Or maybe "new planet exploration."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember the Feargus RPS article?

I do. I also suspect that Feargus may have been letting off less than he knew (or rather, MORE than he knew - saying lots of irrelevant things in addition to what he already knows they're going to do)

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I wouldn't mind sci-fi, but I hope they do something different in that case - far removed from Star Wars/Mass Effect.
dood, please, don't be insulting. neither star wars nor mass effect is sci-fi.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I wouldn't mind sci-fi, but I hope they do something different in that case - far removed from Star Wars/Mass Effect.
oh right. they're 'space opera' or what do you call it
'space fantasy'
'fantasy stuff based on amazing scientific progress'
'futuristic fantasy'
'sciency fantasy future'
'science fi-' OH WAITTtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

racofer

Thread Incliner
Squad based acthun-rpg hybrid fuck yeah!

z4YPtDY.jpg

:yeah:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's going to be some banal sci-fi of the kind where everyone wears diving suits and walks around sleek ships.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
'space fantasy'
'futuristic fantasy'
'sciency fantasy future'
anti-science fiction, more like... it's not sicence fiction if there is zero science in it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
'space fantasy'
'futuristic fantasy'
'sciency fantasy future'
anti-science fiction, more like... it's not sicence fiction if there is zero science in it.
Space travel and laser guns. Try again

Diablo169

Arcane
Anyone know what an "associate producer" role involves? It's one of those job titles that could be really important or ultimately not.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It is just a fancy name for a producer's assistant. She makes coffee and occasionally sucks a dick or two.

An individual who performs a limited number of producing functions delegated to her/him by a producer, under the direct supervision and control of that producer

Duraframe300

Arcane
Anyone know what an "associate producer" role involves? It's one of those job titles that could be really important or ultimately not.

Helping a producer out on his or her duties.

Though considering how fast she went from intern to associate (and looking at her resumee in general) I wouldn't be surprised if she gets promoted in a year.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment

This is actually news from last year, but I don't recall anyone reporting on it yet.

A while ago, Bradley University posted one of those alumni profile articles on an Obsidian Entertainment employee named Katrina Schnell. According to BU, she sang and played the violin for the Pillars of Eternity trailer as an intern last year, and will in January become an Associate Producer for an unannounced project. I guess that's what it takes to land a producer role. Schnell indeed.

More interestingly, the article adds:
This isn't the only game Katrina is working on through Obsidian ... that game is still a secret and will be announced at Game Developers Conference in San Francisco in 2014!

The 2014 GDC will be held in San Fransisco starting March 17th and ending March 21st.

Thanks, Duraframe300.

This new AAA-title sounds solid, but Obsidian projects have a way of disappearing into the ether.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom