Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Update: The Hunter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

With two weeks left until the game's release, the Might & Magic X Legacy team seems to have noticed that they never showed us the game's final four classes. In today's update to the open development blog, they have begun to rectify that, by introducing the Orc Hunter:

THE HUNTER

Hunters are well-known for their fierceness, their resistance and their endurance. And hell, they know how to handle that spear!

THE CLASS THAT WILL NEVER GO HUNGRY...

Instead of other Orcs, the Hunter’s diet is actually based heavily on the principle of “you caught it, you cook it”. Hunting provides the bulk of their diet. Orc Hunters, as all other Orcs, are also fierce warriors, capable of surviving on their own in the wild for weeks, or even years.

ORC SPECIALTIES
  • Indomitable: Orcs get an additional safety roll to avoid the conditions “Paralyzed”, “Sleeping”, Poisoned”, “Feebleminded”, “Weak” and “Cursed”.
  • Demon Slayer: Their damage versus demons is increased.
  • Fierce: Critical damage is increased.
THE MARAUDER: The Advanced Class of the Hunter

When Orc Hunters start bringing back more than just meat from their hunting trips, trifles such as jewels, gold, swords and captives, they are given a new title that honors their new status. They are called Marauders, and the best amongst them become heroes of legend, because of the spectacular stories they are able to tell upon their return.

The Marauder’s active ability: “Crippling Trap”

Marauders are nifty trappers. They can place a crippling trap on the party’s current tile that deals a substantial amount of damage to all monsters who enter that tile.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO HAVE A HUNTER IN YOUR PARTY?

First of all: he or she won’t eat any of their party members. Promised. Instead, your Hunter will pierce every enemy that comes across with a spear very thoroughly. And in case no Spear is available – they’re also able to deal substantial damage with a bow, dagger or mace. Also, magical attacks don’t impress them a lot.
You might also want to check out Julien Pirou's recent update on Karthal, MMX's largest city.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I noticed it earlier that the facial expressions are terrible. Look at the ones above! Apart from the hurt one, the others are basicly the same. I miss the over the top expressions from MM6.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really need to start asking around and begging one of you trannies gentlemen on getting a boxed copy when it's released (fully paid for with shipping cost by me, of course). My shelf will feel incomplete without one there.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I do wish the classes had more unique abilities to better distinguish them.

Dorateen

Arcane
Pirou's blog update was good, too. It appears the quality of background lore in Legacy will be comparable to Pillars of Eternity. Amusing that, given conventional perceptions of Obsidian's pedigree and Might & Magic often being considered just a dungeon crawler.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Who gives a single solitary shit about facial expressions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom