Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence November Update

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

The Age of Decadence, which is available on Steam Early Access, has seen the release of a new hefty patch today, with a new development update accompanying that. Highlights include: sales numbers, demo conversation rate, a list of notable changes, and even a preview of achievements!

We finally released the first two chapters on Steam’s Early Access, which is a major milestone. If you missed the news, the Early Access release gives you 10 locations, which represents about 60% of the game. Three more locations will be added after the New Year, and the remaining seven end-game locations will be released in the summer (we’re planning to start the final beta-test in April-May 2014).

So far, we sold 3,332 copies on Steam and 1,929 copies via our own site and GamersGate, generating $141,780. As always, we want to thank you for your support, patronage, and most importantly, for your faith in our ability to make a game worth playing.

To-date 6,107 people downloaded the demo on Steam; 417 bought the Early Access version after, i.e. 6.8% conversion rate, which, apparently, is pretty good (the industry standards are 1-5% for non-casual games), which means that we need to get the demo in front of more people.

The launch highlighted many issues and generated a lot of feedback, so we spent the last 4 weeks working on the first update. Due to some unforeseen problems, we won't be able to upload the new version to BMT until next week, but the update is out on Steam. We can provide the Steam keys if you want to try it out (In before "You sold out to Steam!!") Wink

Notable changes:

- A long overdue tutorial. Now you can fight in a mini-arena against several opponents before you start the game, which will make it easier for new players to learn the system, without the story elements getting in the way and the need to make a new character every time you’re killed. It replaces the awesome difficulty mode, which wasn’t really that awesome or helpful.

- A new and improved character screen! Now with 50% more info! Must see to believe!

- 6 new traders in Maadoran with improved inventories and unique items to spend your hard-earned money on.

- Speaking of your hard-earned money, the economic reforms aimed to deliver prosperity have failed and wiped out everyone’s savings. So, no more running around with pockets full of gold. A free soup kitchen DLC will be added later.

- A truckload of bug fixes, balance tweaks, reputation adjustments, quest improvements. For example, now you can talk your way out of the ambush in the merchants guild’s questline, have more options during the infiltration of Gaelius’ palace, options during the fight at the Antidas’ compound , Antidas dying now lowers the morale of the Daratan guards, reducing their attack and defense.

- More training. Earning more skill points and weapon bonuses has never been easier. Just talk to many ever-helpful NPCs (like Dellar and Feng) and they will gladly impart their wisdom unto you (may require high reputation and charisma, terms and conditions may apply).

- The crafting techniques you have now will no longer have to be acquired in-game as we don’t want you to invest valuable points into Crafting and then fail to find more than 2-3 techniques. New, appropriately rare techniques will be added instead. So, you keep what you have now as your standard set of techniques and get rare techniques if you’re lucky.

- We’ve started adding alchemical ingredients that you will be able to gather at different places. The demo alchemist will stick around until we finish it.

- The game now features a built-in crash reporting system. Send us a crash report, and we will know when, how, and how the hell your game crashed!​

For a full changelog and a preview of the Steam achievements that the game will have, consult this thread.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
More stuff to help/aid the player! Decline! :rpgcodex:

We have succumbed to the steambucks! Nah, there's "hard" and there is "we changed the combat system and didn't balance this particular fight hard". The preview of the achievements:

d3sq.jpg

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Make sure you get an achievement for it, otherwise people will just skip it.

No, but we made one for dying in the first fight, another for dying 100 times and another one for reading all custom death screens. I think these will be filled pretty fast :smug:

Are these in? :)

Yep, in the next update for the game.

Due to some unforeseen problems, we won't be able to upload the new version to BMT until next week, but the update is out on Steam. We can provide the Steam keys if you want to try it out (In before "You sold out to Steam!!")

:x:x:x

We are just whores, I know.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Ok, I prefer to wait more few days instead of asking for my steam key

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes seriously, steam users love fucking cards. Add cards and you'll likely double your sales.

WTF really are them?
When the game is running you get "drops" over time where you get digital trading cards. They can be bought and sold to other steam users. If you get the complete set you can craft a badge.

None of it makes any sense, but steam users love them.

CWagner

Augur
Cards are great, I spent 5 minutes and made 5€. I probably still have some listed. I usually just wait until I have 5-10 and put them all up for sale at once. What I don't understand is why people buy them. Guess it's cool for those using the steam community.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yes seriously, steam users love fucking cards. Add cards and you'll likely double your sales.

WTF really are them?
When the game is running you get "drops" over time where you get digital trading cards. They can be bought and sold to other steam users. If you get the complete set you can craft a badge.

None of it makes any sense, but steam users love them.
Try get some cards in time for the holiday sale. You'll get rich rich rich!

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
- More training. Earning more skill points and weapon bonuses has never been easier. Just talk to many ever-helpful NPCs (like Dellar and Feng) and they will gladly impart their wisdom unto you (may require high reputation and charisma, terms and conditions may apply).
:decline: fucking giving in to retards on steam forums rabble rabble rabble

(patch looks p cool actually)

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Vince said:
generating $141,780
Money corrupts ;P.

Maybe you should consider adding a "hard" mode where there would be no such bonuses and where the fight would be harder. I remember the fight in the bandit camp being much harder for example (my bones were being broken on almost every hit so I had difficulty walking or fighting).

Anyway, very nice update but I'll wait on BMT version.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So did this game take any inspiration from Spartacus Blood & Sand tv series or is it boring?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Vince said:
generating $141,780
Money corrupts ;P.

Maybe you should consider adding a "hard" mode where there would be no such bonuses and where the fight would be harder. I remember the fight in the bandit camp being much harder for example (my bones were being broken on almost every hit so I had difficulty walking or fighting).

The whole "Getting SP is easier than ever!" is just an irony... The new 1-10 skill system is more "costly" than the previous one in SP terms, and we never rebalanced the rewards. We are just doing that. 10 SP more for completing the vignettes and the 3 guild quests it's hardly gamebreaking or making the game any easier. And the training from Feng, Dellar or Cassius requires you to have high Charisma or to make certain choices, and what you get is not an unbalanced reward.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well yes, but that doesn't really compare to the multitude of shlongs you're presented with. I'm an equal opportunity guy, I think there should be topless females once in a while, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom