Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Released on Steam Early Access + New Teaser Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

Well, that was quick. Just two days after its release to backers, the Wasteland 2 beta is now available as a Steam Early Access title. I guess inXile just couldn't resist the lure of those delicious Steambucks. The price is $60, which is a bit steep, but it wouldn't be fair to offer the beta for a lower price than what Kickstarter backers paid. The final game will of course be cheaper. Here's the Early Access description, along with a cool new teaser trailer inXile produced for the release:

Here’s the thing: we’ve got a sequel to the classic Wasteland 1, one of the original RPG's and the godfather of the Fallout™ series. Like the original, this one’s a turn-based, isometric, story-intensive exploration of the radioactive wastes of the American Southwest, heavy on choice and consequence. 20 years we have been waiting for the moment to have a sequel to Wasteland and the moment is near.

Now, time was we could get a publisher to do the beta for us… but like the United States in 2112, those days are long gone, a windswept, radioactive memory. Like the Desert Rangers risin' from the ashes of the old world, we’re building a new community, a new reality for the world as it is: from the Kickstarter community to the Steam community, this new world only works when people are weighing in with their ideas and impressions.

We’re starting out at $59.99 and you’re going to get a lot for your money over time, including a truckload of digital extras, including:
  • A free copy of Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic
  • Two digital novellas set in The Wasteland world
  • Mark Morgan's Wasteland 2 OST in digital format
  • A digital concept art book
We expect the final release price will be lower, but the free copy of Wasteland 1 and the extra goodies are exclusive to Early Access.

You also are joining our indie dev team. Your participation is going to make this game better.

We’re looking for your input to help us tailor the remainder of the development process into the best experience we can deliver. The audience input has been hugely useful throughout the process, and we want to make sure your voice is heard clear through to the end. Do you see areas where you could improve the art? Systems? Dialogue? Find anything that’s broken? We want to hear it; because we’re going to fix it.

This game’s basically feature-complete. We’re including 30% of the game levels so you can see how Wasteland 2 plays: AI, gear, inventory, creatures, line-of-sight, exploration, world-maps, fast travel, dialogue, and more. Oh yeah: you’ll also get to test out the combat system. Hell, that’s a big part of the fun here. We’ve got a cartload of quests, memorable characters, NPCs who’ll be happy to join your party for a price (or for vengeance), and all the explosive fun of a radioactive monk without any of that actual radiation. During this early access phase we’ll be adding even more content in the form of new levels, killer weapons and NPCs and of course fixing those pesky bugs that the programmers put in the code. (We keep telling them to stop putting them in because they’re just going to have to take them out later.)

What’s missing? We still have UI to improve on, more skills to add, more player choice, more SFX and of course more areas to explore and we will hone these elements based on your experiences.

We’re offerin' an Early Access and Kickstarter Backer-exclusive site so you can report bugs and deliver your feedback. This is where you get to interface directly with the development team and shape the direction of the final candidate for release. We’ve been making games for a long time—some of the members of the team were on the original, back in ’87—and our decades of experience have taught us that the best measure of quality is the happiness of the customer.

Help us deliver the quintessential post-apocalyptic RPG.
The game is already in Steam's top 10 bestselling list, and the whiners are already out in full force in the Community Hub. Yeehaw!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
But Steam.

Ah well, I'm getting a DRM free copy....

Hello,

Why is this game $60?

We are a Kickstarter-funded project and like many Kickstarter projects had "early beta access" as a reward in several of our higher-priced tier, specifically from the digital $55 tier upwards. Our Steam pricing follows the same logic, as it is unacceptable for us to set a price-point that would be unfair for our backers. The final release price will be lower.

For $60 you get Wasteland 2, early beta access, Wasteland 1, and several digital goodies. If this price-point makes no sense to you, you can purchase a "digital copy" on our late backer store which will provide a Steam (or other digital retailer) key on the

Is this our local Brother None? I assume so.

Anyways fuck the retards questioning the price. They'll happily cobble the cocks of EA/Bioware and other shit for subpar games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh look, the game also has a new trailer. I'll add that to OP as soon as they upload it to YouTube.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Awesome, just as the butthurt over Torment going turn-based has died down and I've run out of amusingly angry comments to read, here comes the butthurt about the W2 beta price. Perfect timing, inXile!
:thumbsup:

EDIT: Lots of obvious trolls in that thread. Or at least I hope they are.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Awesome, just as the butthurt over Torment going turn-based has died down and I've run out of amusingly angry comments to read, here comes the butthurt about the W2 beta price. Perfect timing, inXile!
:thumbsup:

Feels so nice to be able to turn the tables for once.

Although justifying the price with the "privilege" to have early access and therefore being an alpha tester is pretty low.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
InXile will make so much money now is not even funny.... I wouldn't doubt if by the end of the year they already got more then from Kickstarter.... and all that with no publishers, load or any strings attached.

Eyeball

Arcane
55 dollars.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Yeah, no. I'd happily buy it for HALF that Price but seriously, get a fucking grip.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Told you Age of Decadence was (and is) cheap. I also assume that it gives many more hours of entertainment than Wasteland 2 beta.

Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands
Thanks to everyone that is beta testing my $20 game. Not only is it now going to be mega stable on release, but at $50 a shot to test it, the next game they make will have buckets of cash. Happy to wait a few months for a great experience.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
01yG1os.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Thanks to everyone that is beta testing my $20 game. Not only is it now going to be mega stable on release, but at $50 a shot to test it, the next game they make will have buckets of cash. Happy to wait a few months for a great experience.

11492.jpg

You know what Vault Dweller says.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom