Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Planetary Annihilation coming "When it's done."

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Kickstarter; Planetary Annihilation; Uber Entertainment

0035737.jpg

Uber Entertainment has officially changed the release date of Planetary Annihilation to "When it's done."

Regardless, it is still expected to be released sometime in Early 2014, but officially it could be any particular time.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So they've officially exhausted all the clichés then, the cycle repeats and we're back to "when it's done". Next up: "Next-gen", followed by "cinematic", "visceral", "emotionally engaging"and in a few years' time, MAJESTIC and "Citizen Kane of Gaming" will come round again.

m_s0

Arcane
When I saw the pricing of this game on Steam I literally burst out laughing.
That's because of how they priced the pre-release versions on Kickstarter. Setting it low on Steam would essentially be telling the people thanks to whom the game is being made to go fuck themselves. They've stuck to the choice they made for the benefit of the Kickstarter campaign and I think they've handled things pretty well. And keep in mind the price has already dropped so it's not like they're ignoring the non-backers either. Nothing funny about that.

I wouldn't pay the price they're asking for it now either, but I understand and support their reasoning. In the end everyone who couldn't wait to fiddle with barely playable versions gets a barely playable version and I get a (potentially) more polished game when I grab it at launch. Works out just fine.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, I played SupCom FA, and the main problems were aircraft. I heard from these who played SupCom 2 that main problem were aircraft. And I seen on forums of PA that main problem are aircraft. (And also certain orbital stuff.)

Kinda wonder why didn't they learned from theirs previous works.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Aircraft are god tier in real life too bro. I never got this argument.

m_s0

Arcane
Clearly Uber is going for realism in a game where a robot army and a slightly different looking robot army blow up planets.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
When an aircraft commander loses 1/10 of aircraft force on one mission, he rethinks the strategy because this would cause him to lose his force in few days. When you look at real use of aircraft it's a surprisingly low loses campaign, and commanders are VERY hesitating to use aircraft against countries with decent air defenses.

When you look at recent examples, Hesbollah managed to hold its own in situation when theirs enemy had air supremacy, and Russia in first stage of war in Ossetia had problems because they underestimated air defense. (And then they shot down 4 of their aircrafts.)

It's far cry from: "lol they have air defense".
Clearly Uber is going for realism in a game where a robot army and a slightly different looking robot army blow up planets.
I talked about gameplay. But if you want to go into realism argument, I can discus about that as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom