Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Blackguards Chapter 2 Now Available on Steam Early Access

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Blackguards; Daedalic Entertainment

The fine folks at Daedalic have sent us a press release that says that Chapter 2 of Blackguards -- the turn-based tactical RPG we did a very favorable preview of recently -- is now available on Steam Early Access. Previously it was only Chapter I that people who preordered the game could play.

All those who already bought an Early Access-version of Blackguards will receive an automatic update, including the second chapter via Steam.

Early Access allows players to play the first chapters of Blackguards months before the official release and to have a chance to influence the development process, through their feedback based on pre-release builds.

Blackguards will be published chapter by chapter while in Early Access. As of now, the first two parts of the game are available. All five chapters will be made available in the upcoming weeks.

The official release of Blackguards is scheduled for late January 2014. The game will be available for PC & Mac, priced €39.99, further local prices to be announced.​

Grab the early access build here.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Meh, having played the first few minutes of Chapter 1 I'm decidedly nonplussed. I'll try the game out again when it's finally released, but so far it all seems to be much ado about nothing.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unless a game really grabs my attention (like Age of Decadence), I'm not going to thoroughly examine it before they've finished making it. You might like plumbing the depths of a mediocre beta, but for my part I'll just say that it wasn't anything special and suggest that people wait until the final release before spending their cash.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
After countless of hours spent playing Xenonauts beta and alpha, I have to say that playing an incomplete product doesn't make much sense. No matter how great the game is. You can have "the first time" only once, after all.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
After countless of hours spent playing Xenonauts beta and alpha, I have to say that playing an incomplete product doesn't make much sense. No matter how great the game is. You can have "the first time" only once, after all.

Yup. Which is why I don't intend to continue playing the early access myself either. I'd rather wait for the full deal.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Fucking seconded. I think some developers forgot the simple power of "Getting hyped for something". This kind of "early access" thing only fits a very specific sort of game.

Anyway, I'm hanging tight until the game's done and released as well.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Thought it looked interesting, but €39.99?
I'll wait for it on sale.

It's €25 if you pre-order/buy the Early Access version. It's odd they didn't mention that in the press release.

I play most games over the course of multiple months anyway, so I don't have any issue with Early Access.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

Yup. Which is why I don't intend to continue playing the early access myself either. I'd rather wait for the full deal.
Same here. i'm keeping track of the patch changes, but I won't play it again until full release.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I have nothing against Early Access. It is a good extension to beta testing. But with 12 games backlogged, 8-9 preordered, and 13 to buy (Blackguards being one of them), I'm not in such a hurry to participate personally.

Nekrosis

Literate
I love Blackguards. I bought it a few weeks ago almost at the beginning of the Early Access Sale. I'm a big fan of Daedalics Dark Eye Point & Click adventures (Satinav and Memoria) and therefore I was curious how they managed to get the Black Eye universe and rules into a roundbased strategy game. I have played a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics and FrontMission 3 back in the day on my PS1. I had almost forgot this awesome genre! Thanks Daedalic for reminding me!!! ;) I can't wait to get my hands on act 3. I was scheduled for mid of December. fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Nekrosis

Literate
Ok forget it!!! Act three was unlocked yesterday! I just saw it when I started the game! ;)

AWESOME!!! XD

Bought it about a month ago and lost interest in it completely to be honest. I suspect that's because a tactical CRPG isn't particularly interesting when the mechanics are - frankly - shite. And these mechanics, while quite possibly fine for the extended P'n'P RPG style campaigns they were actually designed for, are utter shite in a relatively brief CRPG campaign. I can see why fans of the ruleset might love it, but it bored me to tears personally. I gave up at fighting some generic lizardmen in a city. The game felt more like work than fun at that point and I expect to be paid to work not vice versa.

I'm still happy I paid the money though because this is the genre of game I want to support and see more of even if I didn't enjoy this particular example much.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is now 50% off for the next 8 hours on Steam Flash sale. That's $12ish Kwa or $7ish glorious Russian.

Lol for all of you who D1Preordered.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bought it about a month ago and lost interest in it completely to be honest. I suspect that's because a tactical CRPG isn't particularly interesting when the mechanics are - frankly - shite. And these mechanics, while quite possibly fine for the extended P'n'P RPG style campaigns they were actually designed for, are utter shite in a relatively brief CRPG campaign. I can see why fans of the ruleset might love it, but it bored me to tears personally. I gave up at fighting some generic lizardmen in a city. The game felt more like work than fun at that point and I expect to be paid to work not vice versa.

I'm still happy I paid the money though because this is the genre of game I want to support and see more of even if I didn't enjoy this particular example much.
Anybody got an update on how the difficulty mode switch things up?
This is now 50% off for the next 8 hours on Steam Flash sale. That's $12ish Kwa or $7ish glorious Russian.

Lol for all of you who D1Preordered.

Stop necroing out-of-date newsposts dammit

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...k-eye-world-early-access-now-available.81508/

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oops, just looked at the last post. Oh well, my point stands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom