Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Parallax Kickstarter failed

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Kickstarter; Parallax

0035442.jpg

Parallax, a Kickstarter 4X Science Fiction game notable for being written by Timothy Zahn, a known Star Wars: EU novelist; has met with failure.

The Kickstarter was only able to collect $33,000 of the $350,000 they were asking for.

They've issued a backer survey to collect feedback and to determine if another Kickstarter or another method of fundraising would be successful.

kris

Arcane
Went by me. I checked it out and well, it is a 4x in space. And despite having Timothy zhan aboard (I actually liked his star wars novels) they seems to send the message that the gameworld will mostly be built by backers. It is not that I don't like the idea, but they asked for quite some money with nothing but a non-game name to show.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, kind of an odd pitch to say the least. Meh, proper 4x games aren't meant to be.

Went by me. I checked it out and well, it is a 4x in space. And despite having Timothy zhan aboard (I actually liked his star wars novels) they seems to send the message that the gameworld will mostly be built by backers. It is not that I don't like the idea, but they asked for quite some money with nothing but a non-game name to show.

I missed this too. But if this is the case, it's probably for the better. Like no one today has any imagination howsoever when creating a space 4x... :rage:

m_s0

Arcane
Damn, for a second there I thought we had a chance of getting a Descent game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom