Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Released on Steam Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

Thursday has arrived! Well, it's not the Thursday, but as of today, the original Codex pet project, The Age of Decadence, is available as an Early Access title on Steam, for the low price of $25. Buyers will receive the extended demo which was released last week to those who pre-ordered. Here's the game's Early Access description:

Welcome to the Age of Decadence Early Access launch!

We’re proud to offer you the first two chapters (roughly 60% of the game) and send you on an exciting (hopefully) and one of a kind adventure.

The first two chapters have all the features of the full game and give you:

- 10 locations: two towns where all the scheming, plotting, and back-stabbing take place, raiders’ camps, an ancient tomb, a tower of the Magi in a ruined city, the Abyss, which claimed many lives, a mountain pass protecting the southern towns from the barbarians of the wastes, and more.
- Over 100 hand-crafted fights (no filler combat), 130 if you count all variations
- Over 70 quests with multiple solutions, choices, and consequences
- over 100 characters you can talk to
- Over 350,000 words of dialogue (that would be a 1,300-page book)
- 6 mutually-exclusive questlines
- 40 different weapons, 15 different armor sets, dozens of other items (alchemical reagents, crafting components, artefacts, scrolls, throwing nets, etc)
- A lot of death screens

It’s a challenging (no, really), turn-based game with a lot of text. Its design is influenced by RPGs your grandpa used to play, where dying a lot was half the fun and the only way to learn. If you aren’t sure if this game is for you, try the demo first at www.irontowerstudio.com.

Keep in mind that even though the content is done, we’re committed to quality and will continue improving balance, optimization, and quests (based on your feedback).

We need 4-5 months to finish the third and final chapter of the game (we’re planning to start the beta test in April 2014) and your support and suggestions will help us deliver a quality RPG. Should you have any questions or suggestions, please visit our forums at http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum
Congratulations to Vault Dweller and his team! You guys have worked long and hard, and it's about time you received the compensation you so richly deserve. :salute:

Update: Vault Dweller informs us that Steam keys will be handed out to all existing pre-orderers, as soon as he figures how to do it.

Update 2: Pre-orderers, get your Steam keys here!

Fryjar

Augur
Well, I promised I would buy AoD, when it comes to Steam and I just did. More power to you VD, I hope that this gives you a good boost to your preorders and that it will be enough to see a couple more games of you down the line. Btw, have you thought about advertising the game on Steam or is this too expensive? This is probably the only place where I don't outright ignore game ads and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
22,99 moneys for a fucking fine quality product!

Best thing that could have happened after Firaxis apparently decided to keep me (and only me!) waiting for Enemy Within.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
This actually happened on a Thursday? Hehe. I won't lie, I thought it'd never come. Will grab this next time I'm on steam. Cheers, VD.

:greatjob:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hey Vince, should I buy on Steam or direct from you?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm: Six more months of testing and you don't test your Steam release before making it public?

hiver

One of the smartest investments i recently made. Suck it mass market drones.

ha-ha!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Six more months of testing and you don't test your Steam release before making it public?
The actual 'early release' demo is working fine. We didn't upload the public demo yet and that's what they are talking about. We didn't want to upload the old version (3.2) and it took us some time to update the public demo to R4.2. I didn't think that the download demo button would be enabled without an actual build there. Honest mistake.

dolio

Scholar
Hopefully VD will let us know how many units he shifts on Steam.
I've heard that developers don't get told how many units they sell on Steam. And consequently, nobody knows how much of a cut Valve takes. They just send you some money, but don't give anyone enough information to calculate the percentage taken out.

Perhaps that was just shit talking, though.

serch

Magister
Hopefully VD will let us know how many units he shifts on Steam.
I've heard that developers don't get told how many units they sell on Steam. And consequently, nobody knows how much of a cut Valve takes. They just send you some money, but don't give anyone enough information to calculate the percentage taken out.

Perhaps that was just shit talking, though.
:what:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Didn't I send you a copy? But if you want to be super nice, from us.
Thanks!

aod_pre.jpg

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Congratulations! Hope it will sell nicely. For some reason, I can't see it on the storefront's "new releases", though..

By the way,
Is the demo offered on Steam\the one on the site updated to be on the same "feature\version" of the newly released "super-demo"? (Balance and bug-wise, not content wise)

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Great news! Congratulations to Vince and whole ITS. Hopefully this kickstarts (no pun intended) the endgame for development of AoD.

So, when can we expect it to appear in Humble Bundle? :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom