Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise announced

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Conquest of Paradise; Europa Universalis IV; Paradox Interactive

0035007.jpg

Europa Universalis IV's first expansion, Conquest of Paradise has been announced. You can find the first developer diary here.

The expansion is set to focus on overseas colonies and native factions. Most interesting sounding feature is an option to make the New World randomized, to give the player a real sensation of discovering a new continent.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They still have a lot to improve on the core systems of the main game, yet their focus is on the dlc money train, typical Paradox these days.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Too much work and not enough play. :)

Let's hope they don't focus on Spain and England as usual. Portugal and it's colonies was arguably one of the biggest if not the biggest player in the age of colonialism

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
From the title I thought this was about the Napoleonic wars
:rpgcodex:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
...what do they mean New World randomizing? the native nations are like randomized?

There's a screenshot in the dev diary that makes it look like the entire continent is randomized, including shape and terrain.

..wh..........what?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...st-of-Paradise-expansion%96-Developer-diary-1

Check the screenshot. Unless the fog of war is really fucking with my geography skills, Guadaloupe should not be there and not look like that.

It's going to be optional though.

Luzur

Good Sir
...what do they mean New World randomizing? the native nations are like randomized?

There's a screenshot in the dev diary that makes it look like the entire continent is randomized, including shape and terrain.

..wh..........what?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...st-of-Paradise-expansion%96-Developer-diary-1

Check the screenshot. Unless the fog of war is really fucking with my geography skills, Guadaloupe should not be there and not look like that.

It's going to be optional though.

well i fucking hope so, damn.

kris

Arcane
that is interesting. If anything that also opens up for having an entirerly randomised world. While following history is what the games is about, I sure would like to try on a random map sometime.

hakuroshi

Augur
There was a mod with random world for EU3, I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom