Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone interviewed in Jerusalem

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Chris Avellone; Obsidian Entertainment

Well, sort of. Earlier today, Chris Avellone gave a long-distance interview to GameDevJLM and GameIS, two Israeli game development associations. Although he struggled to pronounce some of the participants' names, it actually turned out pretty well.

The interview covers design topics such as voice acting, companions, emergent narrative, game mechanic design, as well as professional issues such as crunch time, how to find a job in the industry and how to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign. Chris also talks some more about his plans for a The Wire RPG. Come on, HBO, take a hint!

hiver

Did i hear right he calls working 48 hours a week... a crunch time?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Fuck, is there a transcript? The allahu is driving me insane and making my ears hurt.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When does he start talking about kickstarter? I don't wanna watch all that.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
God, these hams keep interrupting him with the correct pronunciation of their names? Who gives a shit, let the man continue with the questions.

Wild Slop

Arcane
God, these hams keep interrupting him with the correct pronunciation of their names? Who gives a shit, let the man continue with the questions.
They couldn't pass up the chance that his joke about awarding a free game to any mispronounced named be contractually binding.
:keepmyjewgold:

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Kind of funny that the next news article is a delayed obsidian game. Considering they're using their bug free DS3 engine as MCA pointed out I guess we should expect nothing less than a masterpiece with all the delays.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
the-jews-did-this-gif.gif

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The Wire RPG? Really -- RPG?

Obsidian should make a Telltale-like adventure game just to get it out of their system.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Wire RPG? Really -- RPG?

Obsidian should make a Telltale-like adventure game just to get it out of their system.
You know with Obsidian writing and real c&c, this would probably work really well.

I just don't see how character progression would work in the Wire either. He's also talked about doing a Doctor Who rpg in the past, and I don't see how character progression would work well in that universe either.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm afraid that The Wire RPG would end up 'pushing the boundaries of the genre' with timed conversations and other 'great' mechanics introduced in Alpha protocol. More appropriate phrase would be 'pushing the bowels of the genre'.

Oesophagus

Arcane
We need to get the Jews to like CRPGs so they can use their jewgold to be patrons of the arts and help us get quality RPGs.
Just because you're a member of the jewish conspiracy doesn't mean you want to only see Call of Duty and such shits on your gold-crustered PC.

I can see it now. Quest to the far away lands of Judea, to free it from the tyranny of king SandNigger IV. You play as Commander Shpeardstein, and with your faithfull companions Shalom and Oygevalt, you use your financial acumen to destroy the economy of the enemy, and then perform a hostile takeover o the promised land.

Rake

Arcane
Cops vs politicians vs drug dealers in Baltimore
Guess you don't need the IP for that.
This. The whole "i want to do the Wire, i want to do Firefly, i want to do GitS" is pointless. Just copy them and make your own IP. PE is Forgotten Realms updated. Just do the same with Firefly or whatever you want and be done with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom