Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #23: Expanding the Business & Balance Changes

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

Underrail, Fallout-inspired post-apocalyptic RPG now available on Steam via Early Access, has been doing well enough for Styg to be able to hire additional people to work on the game. Behold the power of Steam:

It will be a while longer before a new version is ready, sorry. The reason for that is that I've been somewhat busy with trying to expand the business. The game did well enough on its Steam (pre-)release that I can now afford to hire some people now that will assist with content creation. Unfortunately, this means interviewing, office space hunting, taxes, logistics, and other stuff that's cutting into my development time. So while development is a bit slow until all this settles down, it will pick up pace and go even faster afterwards.​

Apart from that, Styg has introduced some balance changes and fixes to the current version of the alpha; read the full changelog here.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I contributed my jewgold. Won't play till launch though, not much into the whole early access thing. Only bought it to give the man money earlier rather than later.

On a related note, early access is pretty much the indie version of a preorder. Normally you'd get exclusive content and maybe some more goodies in a box by preordering, with EA (dat acronym) you get access to an alpha/beta and a limited ability to influence development.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Dammit Crooked Bee, why are you crossdressed like Darth Roxor ? This avatar madness needs to end :P

Anyway, congrats to Styg for his successful steam launch. If he manages to add considerable polish to his already excellent work, the end result might end up being spectacular.

I contributed my jewgold. Won't play till launch though, not much into the whole early access thing. Only bought it to give the man money earlier rather than later.

On a related note, early access is pretty much the indie version of a preorder. Normally you'd get exclusive content and maybe some more goodies in a box by preordering, with EA (dat acronym) you get access to an alpha/beta and a limited ability to influence development.
Well, there has certainly been some influence to the development from the comments here in the codex. So I guess this is the biggest reason to give a it a go.

Saduj

Arcane
I bought on GamersGate when early access was first launched. Played through the available content at the time and feel I've already got my money's worth. Probably won't update and play again until full game comes out.

Would recommend this to anyone and wish Styg much success. :salute:

BaconAndEggs

Augur
Great news. I enjoyed the Alpha build on Desura and i'm looking forward to the finished product.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You have to farm XP on the first maps to have chance in later fights; Commissar likes when game forces Player to explore and spend his/her/it resources wisely; Played the Alpha from Desura and wish Styg to be more successful than VD. :hero::troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom