Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Total War: Rome II receives fourth patch - major AI changes

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Creative Assembly; Sega; Total War: Rome II

0034536.jpg

Total War: Rome II has received a fourth patch, this time promising AI changes, though the changelog itself is massive and seems to have a lot more than just AI changes.

Disgruntled

Savant
I tried it out again yesterday in a quick battle. All important matters aside, the graphics still look shite.
They had one job, another total war rehash with slightly prettier visuals. Couldn't even get that right.

titus

Arcane
Patron
I tried it out again yesterday in a quick battle. All important matters aside, the graphics still look shite.
They had one job, another total war rehash with slightly prettier visuals. Couldn't even get that right.
What are you talking about? The graphics are superb(when they work). This is a broken game, but the graphics are not what's broken about it(when they work). And I don't even have everything maxed out.

Disgruntled

Savant
What are you talking about? The graphics are superb(when they work). This is a broken game, but the graphics are not what's broken about it(when they work). And I don't even have everything maxed out.

I have everything pretty much maxed out and it still looks worse than Shogun 2. Im assuming they have fixed the graphics since we're up to patch 4. If they havent got them working yet, they've had more than enough time to figure it out.

titus

Arcane
Patron
I have everything pretty much maxed out and it still looks worse than Shogun 2. Im assuming they have fixed the graphics since we're up to patch 4. If they havent got them working yet, they've had more than enough time to figure it out.
Did you check the "Unlimited video memory" checkbox? If not, it's possible that the engine automatically downgrades the settings based on some retarded conditions. For me it looked pretty good from the beginning(gtx670). I didn't even try it for the last 3 patches, as it's not really worth it. Will wait another 2-4 months before playing again.

Disgruntled

Savant
Did you check the "Unlimited video memory" checkbox? If not, it's possible that the engine automatically downgrades the settings based on some retarded conditions. For me it looked pretty good from the beginning(gtx670). I didn't even try it for the last 3 patches, as it's not really worth it. Will wait another 2-4 months before playing again.

Yea I have that thing on. That was the first fix back on release day. Since that fix i havent noticed any significant improvement.
Apart from unit details up close, nothing else is impressive and arguably a let down from S2.

Apparently the campaign play has improved a bit but im still hesistant. Best to let this sit in the oven for a while longer.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I wished someone else would make a game with a proper campaign map and realistic battles.

Some tried. Most never really got anywhere. Real Warfare 2: The Northern Crusades, the Takeda games. Niche stuff. Do hope we'll one day get a game that mixes the battles and graphics of the TW games with Paradox style gameplay mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom