Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Got some shit in the mail today

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Numenera KickStarter; Torment: Tides of Numenera

I had a knock on the door this morning (who knocks when you have a doorbell?) only to open it and catch the postie pulling out of the driveway. A MYSTERIOUS BLUE BAG was left beside the door. Inside were two books (inside the box stuffed with filler paper that was in the bag, that is):

One of the books has a fold-out map in the back of its 416 pages:

And is full of words and pictures, including maps of towns and other places:

Monte's squiggle in book no# 231/400.

The other book is also full of words:

Of course this is related to our recent Tides of Numbers Campaign and are the arrival of two of our raffle prizes:
  • $25 per ticket - HARDCOVER LEATHERBOUND NUMENERA COREBOOK, signed by MONTE COOK
  • $20 per ticket - PRINTED NUMENERA PLAYER'S GUIDE, signed by MONTE COOK
Sadly, I cannot find rpgcodex mentioned in the list of KickStarter backers. :( It may be because we PayPal'd after the KickStarter was closed.

DOES THIS MEAN THE CODEX WON'T BE MENTIONED IN-GAME?

Edit: As dolio points out, it's more likely the names listed here are from the separate Numenera corebook KickStarter. As "Name in the back of the Corebook" was something specifically offered there.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
How did the raffle work again? Was it based on what we donated or is DU just going to give it to his favorite minion?

dolio

Scholar
Isn't the list in the Numenara book the backers from the Numenara kickstarter? Not the Torment kickstarter?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Isn't the list in the Numenara book the backers from the Numenara kickstarter? Not the Torment kickstarter?
Yeah, that seems most likely. "Name in the back of the Corebook" was something specifically offered by that.

How did the raffle work again? Was it based on what we donated or is DU just going to give it to his favorite minion?
Names in a hat. Number of times your name gets put in the hat is based on total you donated / ticket price.

What's with this image? It was in some generic fantasy art book I bought when I was 11.

Edit: http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/baron.html
Your challenge now is to find how many of the images in the book come from other sources.

Wild Slop

Arcane
231! 231!

This enigmatic sounding ‘The Beyond’ is so well mapped and charted. It also reminds me a little of Arcanum's world map.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Still hasn't received mine. >.>
Did they send some kind of shipping notification btw?

Alchemist

Arcane
Some people don't like the mechanics but I think the setting is quite good. There is interesting material and great art throughout the book even if you totally ignore the game mechanics.

But yeah, this is the codex so everything is shit, etc...

tindrli

Arcane
now start the damn scanner and scan the damn thing properly as the god demands so we can all have that book

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I'll take photos of specific pages if there's something people want - but in order to keep the book in the best condition, I won't be scanning anything.

tindrli

Arcane
Thats because yu're a selfish FAG... keep it for yourself then, and dont forget to Vaccumed it it will lst longer...

FFS

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Thats because yu're a selfish FAG... keep it for yourself then, and dont forget to Vaccumed it it will lst longer...

FFS

:nocountryforshitposters:

Of course this is related to our recent Tides of Numbers Campaign and are the arrival of two of our raffle prizes:
  • $25 per ticket - HARDCOVER LEATHERBOUND NUMENERA COREBOOK, signed by MONTE COOK
  • $20 per ticket - PRINTED NUMENERA PLAYER'S GUIDE, signed by MONTE COOK

In before 'k.

What's with this image? It was in some generic fantasy art book I bought when I was 11.

Edit: http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/baron.html

It implies that the art is original by not saying directly (in a subtitle or heading) that it isn't. I don't like that at all.

I was originally going to say I'm impressed by the amount of work put into it but now I feel uncomfortable saying that without examining all of it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom