Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Legends of Eisenwald Released on Steam Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Legends of Eisenwald

Aterdux Entertainment's Legends of Eisenwald showed up on Steam today as an Early Access title, priced at $15. The game's latest Kickstarter update has more details for those of you who backed it there:

Hello everyone,

we are very happy to announce that today at 9AM PST (8PM Moscow) we start Early Access on Steam! We teamed up with the Humble Store (these are the nice people who run Humble Bundle) to distribute Steam keys and also DRM-free version of the game (DRM-free will be available a bit later but very soon). By the way, all of you who backed us or pre-ordered the game will receive BOTH Steam key and DRM-free!

What's new in the game

We could have written lots of stuff here, but we will just say two things: there is a new scenario Way Home, which is the second scenario of the big campaign, plus there are mounted units! Get your copy and have fun!

Getting your key

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

When will the game be released in full?

The best answer we can give right now is - as soon as we can. As soon as we see the game as ready and when you and our community will consider it ready. There are ways to speed up our development process but they usually require extra resources which we don't have.

One example here is our translation process. Our game is really story driven and there are a several story lines, so the amount of translation is really significant. In our current version there is no German or French translation of the new, Way Home scenario. We are very grateful to Michael and Philippe who have been taking care of the German and French translation so far, but they have their other jobs and were unable to finish it in time for Early Access launch and we, on the other hand, didn't want to delay this launch because of that. So, we will add these scenarios in German and French later, hopefully soon and we will look for other ways to get future translations done.

Another example is testing. Despite our efforts to create something systematic, it's still a bit irregular. We talked to other teams, for example some of the guys, who did Eador: Master of the Broken World and they highly recommended using companies who do stream lined testing. And again, lack of resources doesn't let us do it, at least yet but we really hope Early Access will help us out in his respect.​

Congratulations to Alexander and the rest of the team at Aterdux. May your pile of Steambux grow high!

Hmm, someone posted a first impressions thread on Steam. Let's take a look.

It honestly doesn't really feel like a strategy-game so far. More like those old games where you are constantly walking around on a map with little houses and huge characters, and get "teleported" into a seperate fighting-screen, never in the "real" world. And while it doesn't feel like a strategy-game, it also doesn's feel like a fleshed out RPG...

:desu:

A user named cat

Hmm, someone posted a first impressions thread on Steam. Let's take a look.

It honestly doesn't really feel like a strategy-game so far. More like those old games where you are constantly walking around on a map with little houses and huge characters, and get "teleported" into a seperate fighting-screen, never in the "real" world. And while it doesn't feel like a strategy-game, it also doesn's feel like a fleshed out RPG...
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042966828

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 302 hrs on record

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Nice to see progress with Eisenwald. I think I'll skip early access and wait for the full release though. No point in spoiling the fun :)

If you will buy in the end anyway, why don't you buy it now and support the guys and simply wait to play until it's completed?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Forum over there is a bit crazy. Huge discussion why no multiplayer, the first one we had to lock :)

Thank you Infnitron for posting the news! In 10 hours on Early Access we made way more than in 1,5 year of pre-orders since Kickstarter, and this alone is enough for us to finish development! Thinking to write a small update about it :)

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
And then on the other hand you have Expeditions: Conquistador, where we actually made multiplayer, but nobody cares :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thank you Infnitron for posting the news! In 10 hours on Early Access we made way more than in 1,5 year of pre-orders since Kickstarter, and this alone is enough for us to finish development! Thinking to write a small update about it :)

Awesome. That's incredible.

And then on the other hand you have Expeditions: Conquistador, where we actually made multiplayer, but nobody cares :P

We could have told you that. ;)

I didn't have a problem with it but the way you presented the information about the publisher deal and the multiplayer component sent wrong vibes for a lot of people.

Plus the bitComposer deal to get on Steam: I think it killed your chance to have more exposure over time. It might have taken longer for you to get on Steam without publisher promotion but I think it would build a larger following. I think you should keep promoting the game still. It is a solid game that I have enjoyed more than dozens others in years, despite the rather poor game elements (such as the obstruction of LOS via foliage, lack of highlights for obstructed elements -and the UFO beam of light is rather shit tbh-, a better implementation of road pathfinding and maybe a "fix" for or an option to change the colour levels. The dark and vivid green is way too visually dominating and I can't say it is the most pleasant thing to look at. The game could have looked vastly more alluring. And I'm talking about very simple, very small tweaks, not a graphics or system overhaul.

In comparison, Eisenwald honestly has vastly superior design regarding UI and interaction with the game and how it looks. Though I'm not claiming those are the things that set the two apart in terms of sales.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Forum over there is a bit crazy. Huge discussion why no multiplayer, the first one we had to lock :)

Congrats for this success

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Its also available at Desura. A nice alternative, for those who care. Never mind its an invite only release.
I do, and btw thanks for the new patch.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's no guarantee that people would care for multiplayer in Legend of Eisenwald either, even if the developers made huge sacrifices to implement it due fan request... what people want and what they need are completely different things, that's why listening to fans is such a dangerous thing if you're not 100% of how your game should be.

DaViLLaN

Augur
It doesn't matter, your game still owns.
Most of us here didn't, and won't bother with multiplayer anyway, and we will be the ones supporting your next project.....which is what btw???

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Looks like you should have gone through Steam Greenlight, then advertise the multiplayer as the next-god-coming feature and reap the fruits.

On the other hand, you would have been vilified by the Codex.

C&C mang. Which is better and why and all that stuff.

Last edited:

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Hey you hardcore crowd! :) 4:30AM and we are just finished working. Things are still working well for us, but it's a bit tough since the game just doesn't start at all for some people. We are scrambling to figure out what it is. Buying a game (even on Early Access) and not being able to start it at all is tough. But luckily, most people can play, but this showed us many areas where there are issues...

As for multi player, we never even thought about it and the game has not a slightest hint of any design decision to enable it. We always envisioned it to be a single player story driven game that is kind of individual immersion experience somewhat similar to reading a book. But what do you guys think about The Banner Saga: Factions? Would it ever make any sense to add something like this later for our game? It could be fun but we are not quite sure...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I got bored of Banner Saga: Factions after a couple of hours. And they've still yet to put out the single player component. Games like this I only really care about single player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom