Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Stardock sexual harassment lawsuit dropped

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Stardock

stardocklogo_simple_black_21502.nphd.jpg

The sexual harassment lawsuit against Stardock CEO, Brad Wardell, has been dropped and the claimant, Alexandra Miseta, has apologized for the suit.

Likewise, Stardox has dropped their counter-claim that Miseta had sabotaged work on Elemental: War of Magic.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
We all know it was Wardell who sabotaged work on Elemental so he could resell it as Fallen Enchantress... then resell THAT as Legendary Heroes!

Repressed Homosexual
The anger at Brokenforum must be delightful, they've made a whole forum only so they could get angry at Brad Wardell without being banned. The two top posters have been banned because they were stalking and harrassing Brad Wardell on QT3 for his Conservative views, and tried to insist that his Elemental novel's subtext was about putting a barrier around the Rio Grande to prevent Mexican immigration.

Last edited:

Overboard

Arcane
It's always bullshit 'it was a missunderstanding' or 'a miscommunication' or 'it was unintentional' statements. Not to mention the 'I regret causing you to feel blah blah blah' throwaway apology. Also, the comments on kotaku (yes I know, shouldn't have clicked) are full of dumbfuck comments about how 'she must have apologised under duress, the apology SHOWS THAT SHE WAS BEING SEXUALLY HARASSED AND IS INNOCENT!!!'.

How the fuck do people teach themselves to develop such convoluted thought processes in order to jump through mental hoops as predetermined by dumbfucks of the highest order?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I hate that I'll never know if suit was dropped because she did in fact cause some damage on her way out or because she couldn't afford the legal costs from dealing with his countersuit.

But the fact remains that she was sexually harassed.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
"never touch my hair or any of my body parts, not even jokingly" (...) "be careful with your 'jokes' which are at many times inappropriate, sexist, vulgar, and very embarrassing."

"I am an inappropriate, sexist, vulgar, and embarrassing person and I'm not inclined to change my behavior. If this is a problem, you will need to find another job."
:troll:
Reminds me of.

It's always bullshit 'it was a missunderstanding' or 'a miscommunication' or 'it was unintentional' statements. Not to mention the 'I regret causing you to feel blah blah blah' throwaway apology. Also, the comments on kotaku (yes I know, shouldn't have clicked) are full of dumbfuck comments about how 'she must have apologised under duress, the apology SHOWS THAT SHE WAS BEING SEXUALLY HARASSED AND IS INNOCENT!!!'.

How the fuck do people teach themselves to develop such convoluted thought processes in order to jump through mental hoops as predetermined by dumbfucks of the highest order?

Our inferior sapiens brains just like drama. Someone being masterfully manipulated into writing an apology letter against their will is much more interesting than someone writing an apology letter because they're sorry about something, so that's the version you're inclined to believe.

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
I hate that I'll never know if suit was dropped because she did in fact cause some damage on her way out or because she couldn't afford the legal costs from dealing with his countersuit.

But the fact remains that she was sexually harassed.

How can one be so sure?

Even a written apology doesn't mean anything anymore in this fucked up system. Sometimes you're forced to admit to crimes you didn't commit when you want to speed up a settlement.

I didn't delved much in this case, but the problem with those kind office sexual harassment case is that neither sides bring any proof, yet the benefit of the doubt is too often given to the plaintiff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom