Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Brian Fargo, Josh Sawyer and Chris Avellone Video Roundup

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; Chris Avellone; InXile Entertainment; J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity; Wasteland 2

Three figures of Codexian interest recently showed up on video in various places across the Internet.

First of all, last month, Josh Sawyer made an appearance at something called the "TransVergence Summit" (which doesn't appear to have anything to do with trannies, sorry). I have no idea what he talked about there, but he did find the time to give a short interview. Warning: awkward Dragon Age references.

Meanwhile, a whole month after Gamescom, some sites have just now gotten around to putting up their Wasteland 2 previews. GameReactor published their preview yesterday, and it includes this interview with Brian Fargo.

Finally, the website Critical Path, which we've posted about before, recently uploaded two additional "mini-interviews" with Chris Avellone. The first is about crowdfunding and Kickstarter, and isn't very interesting. The second is about "evolving installments" - the idea that game developers should iterate on their design philosophy from title to title, rather than try to make the perfect game in one go. MCA is a big fan of this approach, and he cites BioWare as an example of a developer that has done it particularly well.

By the way, I'd recommend watching Harvey Smith's videos on Critical Path too - he's pretty good.

Rake

Arcane
:lol: piratey character...
That some quality :troll: of Biodrones who hope PE to be DA updated.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is Sawyer 7 feet tall or something? Or is the interviewer LARPing a fucking Orlan?

IMG_5320.JPG

Yep, he's an Orlan

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Infinitron "tranny" is such a cis-privileged hateful term, do we really want to put it on our main page like that? RPS could take notice and announce and rpgcodex boycott, you know.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Infinitron "tranny" is such a cis-privileged hateful term, do we really want to put it on our main page like that? RPS could take notice and announce and rpgcodex boycott, you know.

Fuck all sexual deviants! (not literally) ie. fags, trannies, fetishists, exitium, etc.

:nofensjaesun:

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
By the way, does anybody know how tall Chris Avellone is (even approximately)? Has anybody seen him in person?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Hmmm...so by Fargo's response to the last question, I'm assuming the game is due sometime early next year? If they haven't started Beta testing and all...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hmmm...so by Fargo's response to the last question, I'm assuming the game is due sometime early next year? If they haven't started Beta testing and all...

If the beta is solid enough, it could be as early as December. Don't know how likely that is, though.

Rake

Arcane

If the beta is solid enough, it could be as early as December. Don't know how likely that is, though.
They won't put it out in December. That would mean releasing the game at the same time South Park is out. Who in their right mind would buy W2?
:troll:

Xeon

Augur
Brother None had a bear with him and even took a picture sadly its not the sort of picture Haba wanted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom