Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Incognita Early Access and Gameplay Trailer

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Incognita; Klei Entertainment

According to the press release we've received, Incognita, Klei Entertainment's "turn-based tactical espionage game", is available for early access (alpha) preorder for $16.99* (or $19.99* with soundtrack), coming with an alpha gameplay trailer:

Pre-Order Incognita & Play the Alpha Now!

We're excited to announce that Incognita is now available for pre-order! By placing your pre-order you'll receive immediate access to the Steam Alpha version of the game immediately. If you have already purchased physical codes from PAX, your codes are now redeemable on Steam. Full details on the game's website.

We wanted to take a few days to insure everything was functioning correctly before we emailed everyone, but all systems are go. This is the first of many regular content updates as we push towards release in 2014.

The main website IncognitaGame.com now contains a new cinematic trailer and a pre-order widget. Over the next few updates this website will be expanded to include game information, screen shots, gameplay footage, an archive of update release notes and community spot-lights.

For more info on what we mean by "Alpha" and estimates system requirements, please check out this post on the Klei Community Forums.

...Welcome to Incognita.​

*As Metro reminds us below, you get TWO copies of the game for that price so it's $8.50 each if you split it with someone.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
although having a sniper inside an office looks kinda retarded.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
FYI, you get TWO copies of the game for that $17 so it's $8.50 each if you split it with someone.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Wonder if there is a campaign with its own in there or if it's just a succession of levels. Regardless, it looks like fun.
Alpha means the game is still in a very early state, and we do not have many of our major features implemented! What the game will look like in this state is a single (randomly generated) level, with a few agents and little to no progression. The current Alpha build has most of our core tactical and strategic systems, as well as our engine, UI, procedural generation and so on, but is missing some major progression systems and missing most of our content, which will be developed as we get further along in the process. We do have a timeline for some of these features, so we'll share that with you when we can.

Diablo169

Arcane
The art style seems to owe an awful lot to Shadowrun Returns. Or maybe its vice versa but they look extremely similar.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
well, the concept is very cyberpunky too, with you raiding corporate offices and one of the classes being a hacker. plays a lot better than sr, though.
this could be pretty fucking awesome once it's finished.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah, this looks like it could be ace.

Considering buying into alpha and not playing until later since its likely to only increase in price.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
This game looks very interesting and I've liked Klei's other offerings so far, still play a bit of Don't Starve now and then, though I haven't progressed very far in that game since I tend to get bored and do something stupid after a few days.

mvBarracuda

Augur
Any way to send PMs to members? I don't wanna post the key on your profile.

EDIT: nevermind. Found it.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Looks like a p. neat little game from the (very) brief time I've toyed with it. Knowing Klei, they will probably expand on this substantially in the coming months. Hopefully with some sort of strategic or management layer.

:brodex:to mvBarracuda for giving a copy to me.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, this looks like it could be ace.

Considering buying into alpha and not playing until later since its likely to only increase in price.

Good plan. Klei's stuff always increases in price and they also drop the two for one promo the closer it gets to release so $8 is probably the best price you'll get until half a year after its 'official' release date.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
in case somebody hasn't bought it yet:
The first update for the Incognita alpha is out!

With this update we are starting to build the main progression loop, so now you will be able to carry your team from one floor to the next. There is a shop to spend the credits you collect and you can find all types of agents to rescue and make your team larger. This is just the start of this process, but it we hope it will give you a better feel for our future vision of the game.

Change list notes:

Improved procedural map generation
Shop item
Agent revival via adrenaline syringes
Many small UI improvements
Refined combat mechanics and new combat panel presentation
Continuous floor(level) advancement
Options menu with volume control.
New agent animation effects such as "pinning" when standing on a KOed guard.
Update timer added to the main menu.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
in other news, incognita is now also an rpg:
The sixth update for the Incognita Alpha. Femme Fatale.

The sixth update advances the agents another stage in their development. Agents become unique individuals along with a new skill system. The build for the girl is in so several new lady agents have been added. A couple of temporary new starting teams were created so you can see how the new agents play.

New Skill System

Agents now get to choose from a selection of skills when they level up. The skills they can choose from are random, but pulled from a list tailored to each agent. In other words, agents are partially defined by what skills they can be presented with when they level up. Our intent is that the agents will have a theme to each of them, but also play a little differently from play session to play session.

The kinds of skills you will find offer attribute bonuses and some passive abilities, such as: a chance disposable items won't be consumed on use.

New XP System

The new XP system is based around the safes. Each time you see a safe, everyone on the team earns some XP, and when an agent opens a safe they will get an individual boost. Our intent here is to have more incentive for exploration. Also, the previous system was moving towards boring optimal play in that the need to use specific agents for specific tasks was too restricting. We still have some concern of that with the current system, so we will be looking for feedback, as usual.

Change list notes:

3 new agents.
2 new starting team setups.
New skill system (14 skills with 2 tiers each.)
New XP system
Some new art and fx here and there
The action of peeking has been sped up, but the animation does not match yet.

ColCol

Arcane
Good game, combat is very fatal so far. Even simple security guards can take out most of your characters in one hit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've still yet to play this… gotta get around to it eventually.

Elthosian

Arcane
This game is fantastic, there is still a lot of work to do regarding CPU Points but I LOVE the mainframe system and how it influences standard gameplay with the safes, the cameras and the way enemies counter-hack when you capture important stuff, probably the alpha/beta I've enjoyed the most right there along with Underrail and Starbound :love:

And you guys should really prepare for some serious :incline: if they manage to make the strategic layer of the game as polished as the tactical one.

ColCol

Arcane
The name of the game has now been changed to Invisible, Inc.

I bought into alpha and I like what I'm seeing. Graphics are really nice and gameplay looks VERY promising. Obviously no tutorial since it's alpha so I'm still kinda figuring out how this game works, every time I manage to somehow fuck up. In last run I got my agent killed by electrified floor activated by sounds, you think you're cool as long as you sneak? Nope, I reloaded gun and my agent got zapped instantly. I hope they will improve on RPG aspects, characters level up but from what I've seen you just pick between two small bonuses. It would be pretty cool if you could tailor your own team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom